Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sweet Caroline as a fan chant for the Albion?

Should we adopt Sweet Caroline?

• Yeah, why not, sod Reading

Votes: 55 40.1%
  • Nope, leave it well alone

Votes: 82 59.9%

• Total voters

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
I'm not so sure. Both Sidwell and Norwood are ex Reading.

As is Glen Murray.

My comments are tongue-in-cheek. I've had a long-standing, irrational dislike for Murray ever since he signed for Palace and my mates have all teased me this season as Murray banged in goal after goal for us and asking me if I'd finally forgiven him. My answer was that I would let them know at the end of the season as one of the reasons for Murray's success is a needy desire to get back into my good books and if I forgave him too early on he might stop trying. He's now forgiven but not forgotten.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
The one chant that I keep trying to get going is my alternative to "We are Brighton, super Brighton":

"We are Brian...Super Brian
We are Brian...so's my wife"

I know I'm easily amused but that always makes me chuckle.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
We fail to get the pace of SbtS correct, what might happen with 'Swords' would be anyone's guess.

I think the part that might work is the bit after that line. The "ba...badada" bit. I'll be honest though, it always works better in my head than when I try it out loud.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
The players can sing it in the dressing room and good luck to them.
But it's utterly meaningless tripe to me.
Sorry.

Edit: The players do the Toure chant on occasion too I believe. Would you like us to start singing that at every home game as well?

Jokes. Jokes :D

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
As is Glen Murray.

My comments are tongue-in-cheek. I've had a long-standing, irrational dislike for Murray ever since he signed for Palace and my mates have all teased me this season as Murray banged in goal after goal for us and asking me if I'd finally forgiven him. My answer was that I would let them know at the end of the season as one of the reasons for Murray's success is a needy desire to get back into my good books and if I forgave him too early on he might stop trying. He's now forgiven but not forgotten.

Ive got a mate who is exactly the same. I don't think he's forgiven Glen yet.

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
I wouldn't mind Sweet Caroline becoming a sort of unofficial away win anthem.

We've just grabbed a dramatic three points at Anfield/Old Trafford/Stamford Bridge. All the players wander over to a packed away end to clap the fans and the fans reply with "Where it began...". Everyone sort of mummers through the first 6 lines that nobody really knows and then all sing the whole "Hands, touching hands." bit together followed by the chorus.

Followed by a load of Brighton fans singing along to it in the bars of Liverpool/Manchester/London as well on countless trains home until the early hours of the following morning.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
The one chant that I keep trying to get going is my alternative to "We are Brighton, super Brighton":

"We are Brian...Super Brian
We are Brian...so's my wife"

I know I'm easily amused but that always makes me chuckle.

Oi!

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I'm not so sure. Both Sidwell and Norwood are ex Reading.

I still like Praise You (the original version) when we win a game.

Never understood why it's not sung, it seems so obvious......

We've come a long long way together
Through the hard times and the good
I have to celebrate you baby (Brighton)
I have to praise you like I should

We've come a long long way together
Through the hard times and the good
I have to celebrate you baby (Brighton)
I have to praise you like I should

I want to praise you (the bit at the end need not be included)

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
I think Mr Cook needs to get his pen and pad out, scribble some lyrics, tinkle some ivories, slide some sliders on the mixing board, blow the dust off his CDJ's, and come up with an all-new Anthem!

He's a Brighton nut, so he'll be on here I'm sure. Norman Quentin Cook - do your shizzle buddy!!

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Yeah! It's one of my favourite songs, but that's partly because my daughter's name is Caroline.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here