Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Swearing at other fans

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
Why not wait and hear what he said first. Did he say something like "come on everyone, ****ing sing" or did he go round thousands of individuals (paying special attention to parents) saying "if you don't ****ing sing, you will very much regret it.

I said if he swears AT me!

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
I don't believe that'll be an issue with our very vocal away support.

Will he?

I find it hard to see any Brighton fan doing that, which is probably why Mr Judge feels he can act accordingly.

Were he to be a Leeds, 'Wall, West Ham, etc fan Mr Judge wouldn't behave how he does, as he would have been 'sorted out' by now.

I don't mean this is a derogatory sense at all, I think the fact we can support the Albion without turning into a bunch of meatheads is something we should be proud of.

And in the interests of full disclosure, I'm the fella tutting and rolling his eyes but not in an intimidating fashion.

I know quite a few that would stick one on him.....But he probably knows that and wouldn't say anything to them....

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
No mate , babs is a bloke , black, only had one arm .

You have an excellent memory, given that you're probably ten years younger than me! He was circa 1971 . . . .

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
There was definitely a mad Chelsea shed girl - no idea if her name was Babs - she and a mini crew chased me and my mate all the way to Hove station after an evening fixture v Chelsea back in the mid seventies ....

I ain't no Chelsea fan but even I find that funny!

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Guy behind me in the North said "what an immature thing to sing" as we were chanting 'We hate Palace'. :ffsparr:

Probably Blues Rock DJ :)
( he was moaning on another thread about not getting the BHA V Palace rivalry, and said he has supported BHA for over 40 years )

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
he was a lot later than that harry , he is not old enough to have been ''famous'' then .

I gather he was, at least until recently, a regular attendeed still. But he was mentioned to me, for the first time, somewhere between 71 and 73, by the older brother of a mate of mine, who travelled up from Portslade to watch Chelsea, and was a bit 'start struck'. It stayed in my mind. I'm sure of the era because I'd stopped hanging around with my (ex) mate by 74. Anyway . . . whatever!

Separately, there was a bloke who 'sat' at the front of F block at Withdean, ten years ago, who used to make a massive effort to get some singing going, with mixed results. I wonder what happened to him? He was unlikely looking, with longish hair at one time; reminded me a bit of Justin from New Model Army :lolol: He'd be the sort of chap to lead a choir in the North Stand. . . . . .

It sems to me to be quite a tricky job, being 'lead singer', especially in these days, though. Failing to gee people up, without having a pretty thick skin, can easily slip into embarrassing ranting :O

PWA

European Tour 2023/24
Jul 23, 2011
West Sussex
Can anyone remember the chant about the three other stands not singing?
Can't remember how it went.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here