Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Swansea's next manager.....

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
I don't get the Jones thing. I would have thought they would want someone with a bit more of a pedigree and profile?

A lot of people rate Jones as the power behind Martinez' throne. A good coach with an excellent rapport with the players.
It is a massive difference to being numero uno - just ask Deano - excellent coach but poor manager, and contrast to Nigel Adkins - average coach, exceptional manager (even if he is a bit of a tosser :lol: )

TheBlueAndWhiteStrips

May 27, 2009
Huntingdon
Huw Jenkins has stated he wants Swansea to continue playing the same style of football. This would rule out Holloway, Graeme Jones was with Roberto Martinez as his assistant when he was in charge at Swansea.

Davemania

Jul 11, 2011
Uckfield
Talks with Graeme jones have broken down according to SSN

Considering hes only an assistant manager at the moment and is being offered the chance, out of nowhere really, to manage a premier league team with all the potential benefits for his career, youd think hed be snapping their hands off and agreeing to the job for a bag of peanuts and 20% discount on any items in the club shop. Of course maybe swansea decided hes not up to the job instead

Davemania

Jul 11, 2011
Uckfield
A lot of people rate Jones as the power behind Martinez' throne. A good coach with an excellent rapport with the players.
It is a massive difference to being numero uno - just ask Deano - excellent coach but poor manager, and contrast to Nigel Adkins - average coach, exceptional manager (even if he is a bit of a tosser :lol: )

Bit of a tosser? He's got more smarm than simon jordan :_)

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
:-(

Stumpy Tim

Considering hes only an assistant manager at the moment and is being offered the chance, out of nowhere really, to manage a premier league team with all the potential benefits for his career, youd think hed be snapping their hands off and agreeing to the job for a bag of peanuts and 20% discount on any items in the club shop. Of course maybe swansea decided hes not up to the job instead

This comment ignores the fact that Graeme Jones was a coach at Swansea for a few years. They know how good/bad he is.

Webbzy

South West Corner Seagull
Jun 3, 2012
Portslade
Now that the Jones talks have broken down I would imagine it would be how the bookies have it and holloway being the favourite but with the style of play his plays I have a bad feeling about this.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here