Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sven

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I get more and more annoyed the more I think about the player resources that Sven MORON Eriksson had at his disposal when compared to the shower that Hodgson is working with.

Plus the fact that his salary for getting his team to play turgid, predictable, defensive football before the usual quarter-final disappointment was beyond absurd.

[MENTION=70]Easy 10[/MENTION] and a few others on here were right at the time.

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
I get more and more annoyed the more I think about the player resources that Sven MORON Eriksson had at his disposal when compared to the shower that Hodgson is working with.

Plus the fact that his salary for getting his team to play turgid, predictable, defensive football before the usual quarter-final disappointment was beyond absurd.

[MENTION=70]Easy 10[/MENTION] and a few others on here were right at the time.

Sven had the same talent at his disposal as Steve McLaren. He didn't do that badly.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Sven had the same talent at his disposal as Steve McLaren. He didn't do that badly.
Well it wasn't much different, I'll give you that. But McLaren did such a poor job with England that he had to go abroad to rebuild his reputation. Did a great job in Holland but reverted to type in Germany and then Nottingham.

Plus he was paid a LOT less than Sven or Capello apparently.

Twizzle

Aug 12, 2010
Should never have ousted Hoddle, even if he was a weirdo.
Svengland had a couple of moments, but the Italian midget was as clueless. Our performances have sunk to the quality of the Scots now though.
It may have a little to do with belief, because we don't defend by attacking anyone any more. Our players last night had better ground skills for dribbling past defenders, but no idea of who was where, to pass to. Roy's body language was awful too - head in hands and shrunk in a corner of the dugout didn't look good. Loew gets out and looks like an orchestra-leader, that's what you want to see a manager doing during a game!

itszamora

Go Jazz Go
Sep 21, 2003
London
Thing is, were the players ever really that good? Their track record at international tournaments (or trying to qualify for them) under, in some cases, FIVE England managers, suggests perhaps not. In my view it's not first-team management that's the problem, it's coaching at a youth level. We are 10-15 years behind the likes of Spain and Germany in this regard, and that's if the FA's new schemes which have recently been voted through are immediately adopted and work brilliantly right away.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
Strange manager to pick out for criticism IMO.

He did pretty well, considering the team was doing their level best to balls the whole thing up anytime we got to a knockout stage. And there were some real highpoints; 5-1, The Beckham show vs Greece etc.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.

That's simply not the case though is it. Just because teh same names were still playing football, there is no way the likes of Beckham and Scholes were the players that Sven had at his disposal.

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010

Swollen? Like a river (or your knob)? :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here