Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sven in 'corruption' revelations

Armchair Loyalist

Jul 26, 2004
Could be hard to squirm his way out of this one

From Sky Sports,

England coach Sven Goran Eriksson has reportedly exposed details of corruption in The Premiership, as more revelations emerge from the tabloid sting that led to intense focus over his position last weekend.

The England boss attracted criticism as details emerged of his discussions regarding various England stars and Aston Villa, and more controversy is set to arise on Sunday despite the Swede taking legal action against The News of the World for their 'fake Sheikh' operation.

Eriksson, and his agent Athole Still, are reported to have revealed details of clubs involved in corruption, although the Premiership sides cannot be named for legal reasons.

In discussions in Dubai, Eriksson is reported to have unwittingly told the newspaper of a struggling Premiership outfit who have been taking backhanders.

Still went on further to state that one of English football's most famous clubs have a manager who was involved in a transfer scam, and a further accusation of a club paying over the odds for a player in order to secure backhanders was also reportedly tabled.

Luton Town boss Mike Newell has already met with The Football Association after taking a public stand against corruption in the game, and the pressure may now be on Eriksson to reveal what he knows just four-and-a-half months before the start of the World Cup.

stirrer. Still, the FA are to blame for sven, you cannot actually place all the blame at his door. I'd manage Sweden without giving a shit, for all that moneyhe's making, so why would he turn down the England job?

The scam that I shall obscurely refer to as Hairy Legnap (so no-one will suss who I'm talking about) was obviously the tapped-up-transferred manager with the chairman's illegal bets on his progress.
Well dodgy.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here