Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Sutton’s PL predictions

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
He's more annoying than 'Lawro' who'd have guessed

He certainly comes across as a funny fish, yes. He's seemingly trying to bring his radio 'persona' – argumentative with a hint of arrogance – to the predictions game.

Not for me, Chris :dunce:

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
:shrug: The BBC should probably have dropped this with Lawro's retirement.

Just seen a Paddy Power thing on Twitter. He's SINGED up with them to do predictions against a 'punter'...

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
I had to laugh at the comment that Lawro never once predicted Liverpool to lose in the whole time he did the predictions. Can't be true surely?

It was true last season for both Liverpool and Man City. Unbeaten seasons for both. He predicted us on 39 points vs 51.
In his last year he predicted the score 38 times out of 378 games correctly so effectively 1 a week.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Possibly the only person on the planet with less charisma and personality than Everton manager Frank Dullard.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Well I really like Sutton on this so far.

For a start, he's at least attempting to think outside the box and has gone for United to get hammered at Brentford. Lawro would never have done that. He'd have said 1-0 United, or possibly a draw. He was so predictable and never ever predicted Liverpool to lose.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Possibly the only person on the planet with less charisma and personality than Everton manager Frank Dullard.

Who? Sutton? I disagree. He has a wry sense of humour. He is intelligent and fair minded, albeit clearly not well-educated. He wouldn't be on the radio every week for years if he were a mood chelator.

You're better than that. :wink:

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Who? Sutton? I disagree. He has a wry sense of humour. He is intelligent and fair minded, albeit clearly not well-educated. He wouldn't be on the radio every week for years if he were a mood chelator.

You're better than that. :wink:

To be fair H I haven’t watched the BBC/MOTD in about a decade as I won’t pay the licence fee, I just have visions of a guy (Sutton) with a fairly sensible close haircut whose idea of punk music is probably the Sex Pistols. Somewhere between your outrageous defence and my withering attack is probably the reality of it, i.e. a moderately uninteresting grey man who knows his Association Football the way Johnners knew his Wisden Almanacs. Here endeth the post. Keep on rockin’ in the free world.

:smile:

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
I really like Sutton on The Monday Night Club. Very dry. Plays up to the pantomime villain but it's very entertaining when he's up against Chapman, Rory Smith and Micah Richards etc.

Ultimately, it's pointless having a debate if no one is willing to throw forward a counter argument which he often does, even if it's unfashionable.

I see he's predicted United to lose 1-5 :lolol:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Predicting 1-1 and whoever the guest is 2-2

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here