Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sussex vs Kent - 11am, County Ground, Hove

Muzzman

Pocket Rocket
NSC Patron
Jul 8, 2003
Here and There
Come on Leesy.. if your gonna turn the mic off to hurl abuse at the Kent batsmen at least remember to turn it back on after your vehement tirade.. :angry:

Muzzman

Pocket Rocket
NSC Patron
Jul 8, 2003
Here and There
Horton's halftime iceberg said:
Not quite the Nat West media centre, but free entry and perhaps even free cucumber sandwiches.

Are you part of Radio Reverb, they are talking about taking a radio play called hanover square that I am involved with.

http://www.hanoversquare.org.uk/

Good local entertainment.

Yeah.. I'm one of the co-presenters for The Albion Roar, a BHA magazine show broadcast every saturday afternoon 12-1pm.

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
Watched the Whitehawk Arundel game with he writer and producer of Hanover Square (a QPR fan) this week and he told me about this show. Said it was good, I tried to find a listen again function on the internet but it only plays in real time.

When is it on or repeated I would like to catch it. I seem to remember surf 107 doing a show and they had Oatway and Skippy on.

How about adding Cricket and other sussex related sports.

Muzzman

Pocket Rocket
NSC Patron
Jul 8, 2003
Here and There
Watched the Whitehawk Arundel game with he writer and producer of Hanover Square (a QPR fan) this week and he told me about this show. Said it was good, I tried to find a listen again function on the internet but it only plays in real time.

When is it on or repeated I would like to catch it. I seem to remember surf 107 doing a show and they had Oatway and Skippy on.

How about adding Cricket and other sussex related sports.

We do have a general sports section at the end of the show... it's not planned what we talk about.. we just turn the mics on and chat all things Albion and any other sport. Because it's community radio we welcome anybody willing to come in and join us to air their views.

You can get us on FM around the Brighton area 97.2

I don't think they repeat our shows though due to the fact it's live so any repeats would seem weird because it's not generic.

Last edited:

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
Muzzman said:
We do have a general sports section at the end of the show... it's not planned what we talk about.. we just turn the mics on and chat all things Albion and any other sport. Because it's community radio we welcome anybody willing to come in and join us to air their views.

You can get us on FM around the Brighton area 97.2

What and daysare your musing broadcast. Are the broadcasting standard up to local BBC SCR sports standards.

Leesys gone again..

Muzzman

Pocket Rocket
NSC Patron
Jul 8, 2003
Here and There
What and daysare your musing broadcast. Are the broadcasting standard up to local BBC SCR sports standards.

Leesys gone again..

Well technically speaking it's very professional.. the broadcast and the feel of the show is basically 3 guys chatting about the albion, we don't use EQs because we all feel it makes the show sound a little pompous and we'd rather have it sounding like 3 guys having a talk about football like you would down your local boozer.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Naved-ul-Hasan_Rana.jpg

RANA strikes ! :bowdown:

Two Kents gone :clap2:

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
At Horsham Leesy does the commentry standing up from a table in front of the toilets, I asked him a question once not realising when he was on air.

He has long days, perhaps he is asleep, I,ve heard him say he gets up at 4 in the morning, gets the night bus and does his shifts on the morning show in Queens Road. Has to get over to The ground (at Horsham often misses the first few overs) and then has to set up and do the broadcasts.

Last year I listened to GLR broadcast of the MIddelsex games and they were just the same, cut off, hear conversations at lunch, I love it...

Muzzman

Pocket Rocket
NSC Patron
Jul 8, 2003
Here and There
Lord Bracknell said:
They wanted to interview Melanie Cutress and me a couple of weeks back. But it all collapsed, when OFCOM told them that what they had planned was illegal.

:ohmy:

Correct.. we got in trouble for that.. :lolol:

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
Muzzman said:
Well technically speaking it's very professional.. the broadcast and the feel of the show is basically 3 guys chatting about the albion, we don't use EQs because we all feel it makes the show sound a little pompous and we'd rather have it sounding like 3 guys having a talk about football like you would down your local boozer.

Sounds good, when do you broadcast or can I get a podcast.

Have I missed a thread regrading the show.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Leesy is BACK... it would be better if he could tell us when he goes for a slash etc...

or was he just blissfully unaware of the silence we were listening too ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here