Sussex vs Hampshire @ Arundel

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Trigger said:
Forecast is apparantly good so I would say, bearing in mind the loss of an hour this morning, I would have them batting no later than 10 overs before tea.
If the weather forecast is good, I would declare at tea. A lead of 400 with four sessions to bowl them out in. A perfectly tantalising target for both sides.

Although re-reading your post, we could end up quibbling about 10 overs. :)

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
The Large One said:
If the weather forecast is good, I would declare at tea. A lead of 400 with four sessions to bowl them out in. A perfectly tantalising target for both sides.

Although re-reading your post, we could end up quibbling about 10 overs. :)
I always like to give them a few overs before the end of any session when they are thinking about stuffing their faces and not the next delivery.

unnameable

Feb 25, 2004
Oxford/Lancing
Uncle Buck said:
Why has Warne not bowled today?

Because he knows that Adams will slaughter him. Warne writes a weekly column in The Times. In this week's column, he had a sly dig at both Prior and Adams. He mentioned the "history" between Sussex and Hampshire. He omitted to acknowledge which side won the double last year.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Uncle Buck said:
Sarcasm aside, nobody has any idea as why Warne has not bowled?

Would imagine that it's due to us not scoring that quickly today. If they bring Warne on, it might well mean that we lose wickets quickly but score runs quicker and end up bowled out for 300 30mins before tea...that doesn't really suit them!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports