Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sussex v Yorkshire Hove CC1

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
That's poor - really poor.

This is a team that, quite frankly, deserves to go down. They've been shot for too many low scores this season. Only Nash, Yardy, Wright and Joyce among the batsman can hold their heads up (and none of them has had an outstanding season). Let's hope they can entice Chawla back and keep the above-named plus RHB next season.

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
It's plain and simple, we don't have, and haven't had a four day set-up all season bar about three or four players, all our eggs seem to have been put in the one day cricket basket and as a result we have suffered with county relegation.

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
We f***ed this up, big time, left as we bowled them out, shocked to hear result, still cannot believe a team of our batting talent could be dismissed for this few runs.

When we can recover a thread can emerge of what is required to get us to bounce back up. I hope they are still up for Sunday.

albionalex

Feb 26, 2009
Toronto
We deserve to go down. We don't have a team that can take 20 wickets and get 400 plus runs consistently.

I think we need 1 middle order batsman, preferably an experienced one. We also need 2 or 3 pace bowlers so we can bowl sides out. Depending on if Chawla stays I would also want to sign a spinner but obviously if Chawla styas that would be unnecessary.

The problem is that any players we did want to sign may not want to come now we are basically a Div.2 side.

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
I hope I chill out a bit more about this loss by the weekend as I want to enjoy a trip to New Road.

Yes it would be a miricle if we took 20 wickets and score enough runs at Trent Bridge, we need to be building a side that will win Div 2, Surrey may already be ahead of the game.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here