Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sussex v Yorkshire Hove CC1

Perry Milkins

Just a quiet guy.
Aug 10, 2007
Ardingly
I would suggest that Robbo and Grizzly need to shoulder some blame for the lack of quality seamers they have grought in:

1. Liddle
2. Aga
3. Sandri

What a waste those three have been.

Fourteenth Eye

Face for Radio
Jul 9, 2004
Brighton
Who do you see as a cricket heavywieght?

Dwayne-Leverock-ge_1359896i.jpg

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Just all the regular cricket posters. I'm not sure too many expected us to be second bottom this season.

Eh? Sussex were heavily tipped to be relegation candidates this year. Both the Guardian and the Times had them marked as going down and most regular cricket posters thought we'd struggle.

I knew no-one who didn't think that Sussex would be near the bottom this year. After all, we only marginally avoided relegation last year and this year's attack is worse than last year's as many of the bowlers are a year older.

Common as Mook

Not Posh as Fook
Jul 26, 2004
Well one of you needs to sort your story out!

Seriously though, I can't remember whether the 'experts' had us down to struggle or not. I'm talking about the people on nsc, who largely didn't think we'd be anywhere near going down (possibly with a game to play).

Maybe i was wrong. I read the Wisden Cricketer religously and no-one predicted we would be relegated. Mind you I don't read the Guardian or the Times

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
314/5... Cricinfo not updating... but commentary in full swing with Bob Fleming and the One-eyed Yorkie.

Hadlee

Oct 27, 2003
Southwick
Maybe i was wrong. I read the Wisden Cricketer religously and no-one predicted we would be relegated. Mind you I don't read the Guardian or the Times

Regardless of what the papers said with our batting line up we should be mid table at least, in our top 6 we've got Yardy, Goodwin, Joyce, Smith & Wright all with International experience.

Unfortunately as a unit they have underperformed this season putting pressure on a weak bowling attack, personally I think we have missed Prior's batting, he regularly would hit Championship tons in the middle order although its nice to see him doing well for England.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here