Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sussex v Worcestershire the last hope

Jack Hackett

Jul 3, 2007
I'm worried, very worried. Highly improbable it may be that Wancs can do it, but Law and Laxman are capable of anything. I was willing that twat Butcher to bat until Doomsday and am baffled as to why they didn't. Going to have to start drinking early tomorrow to calm the nerves, first Strongbow 1030 County Ground, half pissed by time of arrival at Withdean.

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
I'm worried, very worried. Highly improbable it may be that Wancs can do it, but Law and Laxman are capable of anything. I was willing that twat Butcher to bat until Doomsday and am baffled as to why they didn't. Going to have to start drinking early tomorrow to calm the nerves, first Strongbow 1030 County Ground, half pissed by time of arrival at Withdean.

I am not remotely worried. We will be champions by the time we get to Withdean. Wancs will choke - again - and will have a long bus ride back to Mankashire to come up with some original reasons why they f***ed up. Again.

That's not to say I won't be having my first John Smiths at 10.30 at the County Ground, and will most likely also be under the influence by the time I get to the football:drink:

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I think it's a clever declaration. I'd far rather bowl at a side with a slight whiff of a chance than one which knows it's batting for a (useless) draw.

But as Lancs need the win,they'd be forced to go for it if they needed 550 off 80 overs, say.

I think Surrey could have made them chase 20 more... just to calm our nerves a little.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
I don't fancy our chances. It is do or die for Lancashire and they have the batsmen to do it. I also think we are going to struggle to knock over the Worcs lower order.

We have blown it. :rant:

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
10.30 I believe

Muhammed - I’m hard - Bruce Lee

You can't change fighters
NSC Patron
Jul 25, 2005
on a pig farm
well done lancs
our boys put up a good fight but at the end of the day were left wanting

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
5 in the morning and I can't sleep. Must be the prospect of the Championship finally returning to its spiritual home in the soggy northwest....
Cloudy but dry in Lewes
PG

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Could get interesting if we have to bat again.

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
One can only congratulate Lancuntshire on the fine weather they have had this season, however, I shall be heading off to Hove for the start of play, runners up is still quite an achievement.

:) :jester:

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
Beautiful morning in Hove. Set fair for having Worcs out by lunchtime.
See you down there

Tony Towner's Fridge

Aug 22, 2003
GLASGOW,SCOTLAND,UK
Lancs need 462 today, which unless Surrey start bowling long hops and rank full tosses , is a score too high. Anyway Salisbury will ensure that fairness reigns. Last day of any four day match requiring 462 to win ? No no no it will not happen.

Mushy will wrap up the 5 wickets needed by noon today, only concern yesterday was the weather forecast, which I am glad to see is set fair according to both BBC and Met Office.

So three Championships in 4 years and more importantly one County is continually raising the performance bar and therefore the overall quality of County Cricket.

WELL DONE SUPER SHARKS I SALUTE YOU.

TNBA

TTF

Last edited:

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
just getting ready to leave, COME ON SUSSEX lets DO IT!

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Come on you SHARKS!!!!!! (Martlets)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here