Sussex v Worcestershire the last hope

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
With Durham potentially finishing second and Sussex without Prior, Kirtley, Wright and Goodwin Lancs need to find a new excuse for failure. I'm racking my brains...

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
With Durham potentially finishing second and Sussex without Prior, Kirtley, Wright and Goodwin Lancs need to find a new excuse for failure. I'm racking my brains...

...and Rana. And Saqlain.

This has been a good performance by Sussex

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Ramprakash did it then.

2000 runs at an average of 102. :bowdown:

Graveney, you're a prick.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
190/5

Off for bad light

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
There's some woman called Liz on now chatting with John Lees.

She's blathering on with John Lees about going to watch the reserves and Henman.

Costa?

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
Tempted to nip down the county ground tomorrow to watch us lose horribly.

Its got to be done. Something to do before the Albion. They will have Sky on in the bar so we can watch Lancy knock off the runs.

Despite being a member since 1975 age 12 I have managed to miss the clinching moments of the previous 2 Championships. Can't believe I will be there to see us blow it tomorrow.
PG

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
It strikes me that's a sightly generous declaration by Surrey - there are about 20 overs tonight and a whole day tomorrow. It's a tough ask but it's a good batting wicket and Lancs have to go for it.

I'd have pushed on to past 500 as Lancs would attack whatever the target is.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Weather forecast for Hove tomorrow: Bright, 19ºC, wind SW 8mph, 1021mb, relative humidity 69, visibility moderate.

Weather forecast for London tomorrow: Bright, 21ºC, wind SW 12mph, 1020mb, relative humidity 58, visibility moderate.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
It strikes me that's a sightly generous declaration by Surrey - there are about 20 overs tonight and a whole day tomorrow. It's a tough ask but it's a good batting wicket and Lancs have to go for it.

I'd have pushed on to past 500 as Lancs would attack whatever the target is.
I think it's a clever declaration. I'd far rather bowl at a side with a slight whiff of a chance than one which knows it's batting for a (useless) draw.

But as has been said, it looks like Lancs know they've lost the title and are already in the dresing room, united as a team, racking their collective brains as to how they've been unfairly disadvantaged this time.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports