Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sussex v Worcestershire the last hope

Fergus96

Oct 20, 2004
Hove
Lancashire are The True Champions. Even if they lose a couple of early wickets, Law and Laxman will make light of whatever miserable target Surrey set them.

I wish I lived on your planet my friend, absolutely no chance, the title stays and belongs in the fair county of Sussex.

450+ in one day is not going to happen.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Rampo has played more than 400 first class matches over 20 years but has still scored more than 1% of his career runs in this single match.

Surely he deserves the chance of silverware next season? I'm sure he'd be keen to play for God's County.

A swap deal involving Hopkinson, perhaps?...

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
I don't THINK any CHICKENS should be counted YET as don't forget a team scored over 200 in 20 overs this week so Surrey MIGHT have to be about a 1000 in FRONT for us to be SURE of the championship :angry::angry::angry:

I don't normally agree with you Ern, but you are spot on this time. Anyone who disagrees is deluded.

Fergus96

Oct 20, 2004
Hove
I don't THINK any CHICKENS should be counted YET as don't forget a team scored over 200 in 20 overs this week so Surrey MIGHT have to be about a 1000 in FRONT for us to be SURE of the championship :angry::angry::angry:

I can't see any CHICKENS, so I can't count any?

binary

Oct 4, 2004
South East Guildford
Lancashire will claim that they were beaten by the weather again and that being northern they are disadvantaged. We'll ask them how Durham came second then!!

Still whatever they say they will only come third barring a miracle.

Three titles in five years speaks for itself!

Hopefully the Worcester batsmen can last until tomorrow so we can all go to Hove in the morning, see the lads polish off the tail and get to Withdean for 3.00 via the pub for a celebratory drink.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Mushy hasn't taken a wicket for half an hour. What the f*** is he playing at?!

Last edited:

SurreySeagulls

Jul 9, 2003
Guildford
Ideal scenario 1

Sussex wrap this up tonight
The team come to Withdean tomorrow
Surrey beat Lancashire somewhere around 1445 or 1545
Championship Trophy presented to SCC on the pitch

Cue scenes of marvellousness at Withdean

Never happen because Wankyshire are Champions Elect. They just need to knock off a few runs tomorrow. I've no doubt they have already hired a Sea King Helicopter to present the trophy tomorrow or by the latest on Sunday. So it look slike tears alround for Sussex again.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
This game's boring

Common as Mook

Not Posh as Fook
Jul 26, 2004
Lankies, JUST the 482 behind now..

Irony and sarcasm aside,

This Lancashire side must be one of the biggest bunch of bottlers this game has ever seen. Always choking when it really matters. I reckon they should rename themselves South Africashire.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Sussex are trying to cheat

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here