Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sussex v Worcestershire the last hope

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Not much really, and they wonder why professionals like the Nevilles choose football over Cricket

There are individual prizes for most runs, best strike rate, most centuries, most wickets, best economy, best average etc. A princely sum of £1,500 for each.

Football makes a mockery of every other sport (bar Baseball, Basketball etc.).

:nono:

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
good news, that brings in Benning who batted like it was a 20/20 game in the 1st innings, should add a few more to the total before the declaration.

as I typed this he got off the mark with a 6 :smokin:

Fergus96

Oct 20, 2004
Hove
Excellent, I love the way, they continue to keep the microphones on during the break and just have a generall chit chat, oblivious to the fact we can hear them.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Random nostalgia now over the microphone concerning the Albion's tour to the US (?) I think - Eric Steele, Teddy Maybank, mentioned - none of the equipment had turned up.

"All our camera equipment had been sent to Canada or Japan. We had 3 days doing nothing. It was brilliant."

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
Am I reading the statistics properly?

Ramprakash needs to get to 104 to reach 2,000 runs for the season and an average of 100.

But if he achieves that and bats on, and then gets out, his average drops below 100 - unless he gets to 204.

If Surrey are playing this for Ramps to get to both targets, they MUST declare when he reaches 104.

That would leave them with a lead of about 440. Not an impossible target for Lancashire in the time that would be available.

The best scenario for Sussex would be for Ramprakash to fail to reach his 2,000 runs and for Surrey then to concentrate on beating Lancashire (or at least not losing).

If they cared that much, couldn't just retire?

Tea at the Oval

Surrey 240/4

Lead is 433

Ramprakash 99 not out
1,995 runs for the season at an average of 99.75

One six would sort it all out and allow Surrey to declare with a lead of 439....................

Fergus96

Oct 20, 2004
Hove
Random nostalgia now over the microphone concerning the Albion's tour to the US (?) I think - Eric Steele, Teddy Maybank, mentioned - none of the equipment had turned up.

"All our camera equipment had been sent to Canada or Japan. We had 3 days doing nothing. It was brilliant."

in 1979!, also love the heavy coughing, very Bob Fleming

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
There's nothing like a bit of live on-air yawning to liven the proceedings up.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Exciting news - the Raffle has just been drawn.

1st prize - Peach 995

2nd prize - White 141

(In case anyone's got a ticket at home)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here