Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sussex v Worcestershire the last hope

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
It is looking like our match will be over by lunch tomorrow and we'll all have to wait for Lancs to do their thing tomorrow.

The things about Surrey's expected declaration is that the draw is not a factor. Lancs will have to go for it regardless of the time and overs left. Therefore to declare with anything less than a 500 lead is idiotic.

Or akin to match fixing, given the situation!

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
It is looking like our match will be over by lunch tomorrow and we'll all have to wait for Lancs to do their thing tomorrow.

The things about Surrey's expected declaration is that the draw is not a factor. Lancs will have to go for it regardless of the time and overs left. Therefore to declare with anything less than a 500 lead is idiotic.

It doesn't make any difference if Lancs win now does it? We will be level on points and as such win the championship with more wins. Or am I looking at it wrong?

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Not if all you are interested in is whether Ramprakash can finish the season with 2,000 runs and an average of 100.

I'm not expecting any favours from Surrey.

You think too much - I'm sure they wouldn't be that obvious, would they?

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Damanclay - We would have 22 points (for our unlikely victory) and they would get 18 points for their victory. 14 for the win, 1 batting bonus point and 3 bowling bonus points. They would win the Championship by 2 points.

countrygull

Jul 22, 2003
Horsham

Do Surrey get more money the higher up the table they finish? If so, they won't be taking any risks at all.

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
I certainly am planning to .........but only till lunch

Could be great scenes if we can achieve it on Saturday morning, I was bombing down the A23 on the first championship, heard us win on the radio as I got to the Robin Hood roundabout and got to the ground to catch the celebrations.

Be good to celebrate in a more relaxed fashion if we do it for the third time,a pint of harveys, then see the Albion win and then finish off with a pint of 'falmer for all' ale at the evening star.

Its more exciting than Christmas.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
I've been away, can someone bring upto speed with current table-ish standings and what we need to do please, ta :)

I've been away, can someone bring upto speed with current table-ish standings and what we need to do please, ta :)
Including points already scored in the current matches ...

Durham 197.5 (after beating Kent)
Lancashire 190 (still playing)
Sussex 188 (still playing)

We need to win, and we need Lancashire to lose or draw.

Simple.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
Including points already scored in the current matches ...

Durham 197.5
Lancashire 190
Sussex 188

We need to win, and we need Lancashire to lose or draw.

Simple.

MERCI M'Lord :bowdown:

COME ON SUSSEX! probably pop down there tomorrow then :drink:

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
Ramprakash is now only 21 runs away from 2000 runs for the season !!

With his performance he has played a major part in helping Sussex to retain the title !!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here