Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Cricket] ***Sussex v Worcestershire - last game of season****

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Can any regular County Ground frequenters answer me this. What has happened to Craig Cachopa? When he first came he was scoring heavily in Div One.
He's been terrible for a while now - is his confidence permanently shot? Has something happened?

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Not usually one for cricket titbits but someone I know who works ad-hoc in Taunton and does a bit of contracting for Somerset reckons you're in for their promising young opener Adam Hose.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Not usually one for cricket titbits but someone I know who works ad-hoc in Taunton and does a bit of contracting for Somerset reckons you're in for their promising young opener Adam Hose.
Sussex are interested in any batsmen. Don't know anything about Adam Hose but he is only likely to come to Hove if he is surplus to requirements at Taunton and not overly expensive to pay.

The days seem to be gone when we could (in addition to overseas star bowlers like Mushy and Rana) wave the cheque book and easily buy in batsmen like Chris Adams and Murray Goodwin - or even Richard Montgomerie and Tony Cottey.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Sussex are interested in any batsmen. Don't know anything about Adam Hose but he is only likely to come to Hove if he is surplus to requirements at Taunton and not overly expensive to pay.

Would be a strange choice: he's 24 next month and has only played one first class match - he's only a year younger than Machan and Well, you'd expect someone of that age to have played more. Any opener at Somerset will know that Banger is going to retire this year or next and there'll be a vacancy at the top. If he's not good enough to be a contender for that slot, is he any better than what we've got?

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
Would be a strange choice: he's 24 next month and has only played one first class match - he's only a year younger than Machan and Well, you'd expect someone of that age to have played more. Any opener at Somerset will know that Banger is going to retire this year or next and there'll be a vacancy at the top. If he's not good enough to be a contender for that slot, is he any better than what we've got?

Agree, splashing out on Hose would be a weird decision, only had a sprinkling of first team appearances. I'm piping up now as this is bound do go down the drain next season.

Sorry:nono:

The Oldman

I like the Hat
NSC Patron
Jul 12, 2003
In the shadow of Seaford Head
Can any regular County Ground frequenters answer me this. What has happened to Craig Cachopa? When he first came he was scoring heavily in Div One.
He's been terrible for a while now - is his confidence permanently shot? Has something happened?

No idea but he has had a dreadful season. Did notice in the lunch break yesterday he was doing a fitness work mainly running sprints for about half an hour.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis

Scored a barrel load of runs for the 2nd XI this summer, who knows Somerset may offer him a new deal but nothing currently on the table, think they'll be looking for more experience to replace Tresco as a side with genuine title aspirations.

He has fantastic technique as this photo testifies.

245303.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here