Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Cricket] Sussex v Surrey T20 Blast Bobbins today 1430hrs

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Livid one ball just left the ground. Wright should have hit the cheating umpires with his bat. Disgusting

BatterSeagull

Aug 1, 2003
London
The umpires cannot argue that they came off for safety reasons, as they would surely have pulled the players off after Wrighty's hit on the head, not wait for a couple of balls. Both sides had done all they could in the first five overs knowing that a result would then stand if the rain persisted.
Sussex were ahead of D/L and would have fully deserved the win. The umpires had a moral obligation to allow the final ball of the over to be bowled. Their decision smacks of ' well, its fair to both teams if we call it off now......they both get a point'
NO, Sussex had played the first five overs in the knowledge that if they were ahead of D/L they would win. The same went for Surrey.
Totally outrageous decision that the umpires got utterly wrong. The Surrey commentator 'Churchy' was so wrong in his analysis and was just happy that his team had stolen a point.
I wonder if the umpires will speak out or be accountable. I doubt it.
Very unfair and bordering on cheating.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
At this rate we could end up not qualifying - despite only losing one game out of 8 so far.

Seriously pissed off with that, it’s a joke. Surrey had lost, total con that it ends up a NR.

redoubtable seagull

Oct 27, 2004
Appalling decision by the umpires to call it off with one ball to go. If they were concerned they should have called it when Salt was hit or just called if after the 4th over with the gloom and rain setting in. To allow the game to go to 4.5 overs beggars belief and does make you question the umpires’ integrity.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Appalling decision by the umpires to call it off with one ball to go. If they were concerned they should have called it when Salt was hit or just called if after the 4th over with the gloom and rain setting in. To allow the game to go to 4.5 overs beggars belief and does make you question the umpires’ integrity.

Their integrity and the competition’s need for Surrey to qualify.

Would Sussex have won whatever the outcome of the final ball? Apologies if already covered

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
I smell something fishy, and I'm not talking about the contents of Baldrick's apple crumble.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Poor from the umpires, waiting for one more ball would have made little difference to conditions (it was literally an additional 30 seconds) and given the players and fans a result.

Not a good look for the game, especially with its history of corruption.

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
Based on what I can find online, D/L result of the next ball had been a wicket would have been a tie ?

But even Wrighty would of worked out that a forward defensive block for one ball would be enough to win the game.

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
Of course. Which is why Sussex blocked out most of the 5th over

Shame he had the rush of blood with the ramp shot, damaged helmet delayed play

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
Extremely frustrating. Half of our games have been lost to weather. Pressure is on for the team with just 1 loss to qualify, let alone getting a home quarter final (which historically hasn’t really helped Sussex).

My understanding is Rashid Khan will be playing form the 29th. Let’s smash Kent (weather permitting)!

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Appreciate as Sussex supporters we wanted a win but think game deciding on 5 overs when opponents have batted 20 is a farce. With 15 overs to go would have said just same if we had scored 4 fewer runs and lost.. Just a pity knowing 100% certain it was going to rain they didnt play a 10 over game

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Appreciate as Sussex supporters we wanted a win but think game deciding on 5 overs when opponents have batted 20 is a farce. With 15 overs to go would have said just same if we had scored 4 fewer runs and lost.. Just a pity knowing 100% certain it was going to rain they didnt play a 10 over game

The rules are the rules everyone knows that 5 overs completed equals a game. Swings and roundabouts.

However having been there today when the umpires called the players off it was not raining any harder than it had been for the last 40 minutes. It was an extremely worrying decision as they contrived a non result. It smacks of corruption.

If I was Wright I’d have gone ballistic.

Just one more ball.

It really needs an investigation, I for one will not let it go, I will be asking a number of questions.

phoenix

May 18, 2009

We have lost to Surrey before on this rule we made nearly 200 they had to make something like 50 of 5 overs, They did it very easily,.

I have no way of checking but it was about 10 years ago.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here