Sussex V Northants, Tue 7th- Fri 10th

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
was wondering if RHB was going to make a sporting declaration and give Glamorgan a sporting chance of chasing down the runs, i guess i`ll never know.

Would have been a good test of his captaincy. Wonder if the committee at he Oval are happy at his performance in his debut season as skipper

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
Div 2 clearly needs relegation and some fresh blood. I would suggest Derbyshire head for the minor counties and get replaced by Shropshire.

Slurrey could join the West Sussex Invitation League, replaced by Sussex Seconds. That would give them a much bigger pool of Sussex based players to poach from.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Would have been a good test of his captaincy. Wonder if the committee at he Oval are happy at his performance in his debut season as skipper

Well, despite some big money contracts, they're second from bottom of CC2 and failed to make the last four of any of the OD tournaments. My guess is that Grizzly and/or RHB will come in for some grief on this.

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
Div 2 clearly needs relegation and some fresh blood. I would suggest Derbyshire head for the minor counties and get replaced by Shropshire.

Slurrey could join the West Sussex Invitation League, replaced by Sussex Seconds. That would give them a much bigger pool of Sussex based players to poach from.

Sadly that won't happen, the Salop boys find it difficult enough getting time off for their 3 day games - 3 of them play at my club [Wellington] along with the county coach.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Slurry wobble over - they're 98-5 now. Even if there's a sudden clatter of wickets, Glamorgan would have to get more than 200 on a wicket that's clearly not the flattest.

Interesting game at Lord's where Middlesex have collapsed to 59-8 chasing a modest target. If Worcs in that, and they should, they'll only be 8 points behind Glamorgan (assuming they draw). If Sussex do blood a few youngsters in their last game and run the risk of losing to Worcs, that would make Glamorgan a bit nervous (although their last game is against Derbyshire).

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
145/6 a declaration can't be far off

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I'm sure they'll bat on - can they bowl out Glamorgan in under two hours? Seems unlikely to me

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
As I expected, Slurry are batting on. They'll let Schofield get his ton and shake hands on the draw

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
then the drinks are on me Gwyllie..what are you drinking?

I think we can roll the fizz out. Surrey are 292 ahead - with less than 90 minutes play left.

Not good for Glamorgan this - I don't expect Sussex will put out a full strength team against Worcs. Time to play Wells, Hatchett, Beer, Machan etc. As I mentioned above, if Worcs win against Sussex then Glamorgan have to win their game.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports