Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

SockMonster

Oct 12, 2007
Brighton
71-8
Great stuff. Northants will be batting in about 30 mins and no doubt be around 130-2 by close. They then bat on tomorrow and score around 360 before putting Sussex back in for the last hour and reducing them to 35-4 by close of play. Then on Saturday, after a spirited wag by the tail, Sussex all out just after lunch for around 175 so losing by an innings and 100ish runs.
Sound about right or am i being optimistic?

Eric Potts

Jul 26, 2004
Top o' Hanover
71-8
Great stuff. Northants will be batting in about 30 mins and no doubt be around 130-2 by close. They then bat on tomorrow and score around 360 before putting Sussex back in for the last hour and reducing them to 35-4 by close of play. Then on Saturday, after a spirited wag by the tail, Sussex all out just after lunch for around 175 so losing by an innings and 100ish runs.
Sound about right or am i being optimistic?

Havent you just copied 2 or 3 match reports from earlier games there ?

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Always wait till you've seen both teams bat :)

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
100 up :clap2:

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
It's so depressing being a SCCC fan. Feels like somehow a great opportunity to establish ourselves as a force has been frittered away. And the only reaction seems to be a shrug. Shows how lucky we are with Tony Bloom et al being so focused.

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
It's so depressing being a SCCC fan. Feels like somehow a great opportunity to establish ourselves as a force has been frittered away. And the only reaction seems to be a shrug. Shows how lucky we are with Tony Bloom et al being so focused.

Hopefully once the ground improvements are complete we can get back to focusing on making the team better.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Delray plumb :nono:

I've been working today so just caught up with highlights but I think Rawlins was unlucky. I thought the Thomason decision was fair enough, he waved his bat at the ball and hoped it counted as a shot but I think the ball that got Delray was going down leg - look at the keeper

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
I've been working today so just caught up with highlights but I think Rawlins was unlucky. I thought the Thomason decision was fair enough, he waved his bat at the ball and hoped it counted as a shot but I think the ball that got Delray was going down leg - look at the keeper
Umpire's Call for me.

Initial line and angle was definitely leggy - which encouraged Delray's shot and the keeper's anticipatory footwork - and the ball did pitch around middle on that angle.

But it seemed to then end up a bit straighter and hit the pad heading for leg stump.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Dont understand why club will not let me buy 4 tickets for Friday and Saturday yet let me watch every ball online for nothing

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
There's no way he should be leaving that ball anyway, so I won't be basing my view of the decision on the batman's judgment. Rightly or wrong the benefit of the doubt tends to go the bowler's way once the batsman tries to leave.

Rightly

Batsman have far too much their own way. Once you decide to pad up you deserve no concessions.

#BowlersUnion

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
"THERE'S GOING TO BE A RUN-OUT....!!!!"

(oh no, there's not...)

Classic.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
50 for Carson :clap2::clap2::clap2:

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Dont understand why club will not let me buy 4 tickets for Friday and Saturday yet let me watch every ball online for nothing
It must be beyond their control. Same basis on which I will drive to the ground with my wife and son - with whom I happily cuddle up on the sofa every night - but then will not be allowed to occupy adjacent seats in the open air...!! :)

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Although it looks like social distancing rules aren't being applied in the corporate viewing areas at the County Ground that can be seen on screen...?

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Well done Harmsy :)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here