Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Cricket] Sussex v Middx - T20 Blast. K.O. 2pm Hove

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Well, amazing from Garton and we win in the end. But Kvnt have just won too, so....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
eee.JPG

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Are we through ?

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Are we through ?

Well, we can't drop below 3rd, and we have a decent NRR. I guess it will depend on the NRR of the other 3rd placed teams AFTER the last round of games; i.e. if we get stuffed we could lose out.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Are we through ?

Could well get one of the best placed third even with defeat. A victory will secure it.

Away tie in the next round beckons though.

May go myself.

Oh...

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
At the start of this campaign I thought we had a formidable team .
But we flatter to deceive.
We might scrape through to the quarters but we won’t win it .
We are too reliant on a few commendable batsmen and Briggs .
Too many have hidden behind them .

I have to disagree, we are just a Jordan or Mills light in the bowling at the moment.

Finalists last year.

Salt has effectively been playing nets for 3 weeks.

Bopara is playing himself into form.

We bat all the way down, just lack that strike bowler at the moment.

No side will want us in the 1/4 finals

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Not often that T20 run chases are simple.

Brilliant from Garton.

Big game on Sunday.

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
Sussex all but qualified for the quarter finals. We’re on 11 points with 1 to play. Kent (12) vs Surrey (14) who’ve already qualified with a home tie. So we need a Kent loss and a win vs Essex to finish second. Top 2 from each group qualify. 2 best 3rd places from the 3 groups join them.

Good news is, no team in the south group can catch Sussex in third. Only way Sussex can fail to qualify is if either Durham or Leicestershire WIN both their remaining games AND Sussex lose AND a run rate swing of 0.2 happens. It’s possible we qualify tonight if results no our way in the North group.

It’s also possible Sussex qualify if 2 of Somerset (7), Birmingham (9) and Northants(9) fail to match 11 points and our run rate. They all play 2. Northants playing Somerset now, so that helps the cause! Northants play Birmingham on Sunday too. So if Northants win today and Birmingham lose, I’m sure that guarantees a best place third finish too.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Sussex all but qualified for the quarter finals. We’re on 11 points with 1 to play. Kent (12) vs Surrey (14) who’ve already qualified with a home tie. So we need a Kent loss and a win vs Essex to finish second. Top 2 from each group qualify. 2 best 3rd places from the 3 groups join them.

Good news is, no team in the south group can catch Sussex in third. Only way Sussex can fail to qualify is if either Durham or Leicestershire WIN both their remaining games AND Sussex lose AND a run rate swing of 0.2 happens. It’s possible we qualify tonight if results no our way in the North group.

It’s also possible Sussex qualify if 2 of Somerset (7), Birmingham (9) and Northants(9) fail to match 11 points. They all play 2. Northants playing Somerset now, so that helps the cause! Northants play Birmingham on Sunday too. So if Northants win today and Birmingham lose, I’m sure that guarantees a best place third finish too.

Yes. Good analysis. There are several ways we go through (hopefully tonight!).

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I wonder if they get Archer, Jordan back now ?

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire

It’s also possible Sussex qualify if 2 of Somerset (7), Birmingham (9) and Northants(9) fail to match 11 points and our run rate. They all play 2. Northants playing Somerset now, so that helps the cause! Northants play Birmingham on Sunday too. So if Northants win today and Birmingham lose, I’m sure that guarantees a best place third finish too.

Good work. That sounds pretty hopeful.

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
No they’re in the IPL which starts tomorrow

To be the most successful county you clearly need a team of players who aren't quite good enough for international cricket.

Leicestershire were a great example in the 90s. Sussex in the 2000s.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
I have to disagree, we are just a Jordan or Mills light in the bowling at the moment.

Finalists last year.

Salt has effectively been playing nets for 3 weeks.

Bopara is playing himself into form.

We bat all the way down, just lack that strike bowler at the moment.

No side will want us in the 1/4 finals

A thankyou for winning us the game by “doing a Gwylan” would have been nice.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here