Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Cricket] ***Sussex v Glamorgan match thread ***

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..

Ooh it’s a corner

Aug 28, 2016
Nr. Coventry
Claydon having a little fun.

Commentary just read out my tweet (and a few others) ALL very much against the Hundred bullshit.

I’m not surprised. The radio ads I’ve heard are appalling and turn me off the idea even more - I don’t like to hope things fail because there will no doubt be other repercussions but it’s just not cricket!

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I’m not surprised. The radio ads I’ve heard are appalling and turn me off the idea even more - I don’t like to hope things fail because there will no doubt be other repercussions but it’s just not cricket!

I'm happy for it to fail miserably. I hope they don't sell a single ticket.

Its ridiculous.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Sussex rallied to 226 all out.

Glamorgan are currently 111/4, nelson accounting for Carlson, which is handy as he scored about a million runs in the reverse fixture.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Sussex rallied to 226 all out.

Glamorgan are currently 111/4, nelson accounting for Carlson, which is handy as he scored about a million runs in the reverse fixture.

Really excellent catch by Thomas on, it was travelling.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Pity about the rain, I fancied we'd have got the last wicket. Carter spilled a brute of a catch, it would have been a blinder if he'd grabbed it.

Sussex bowled really well - particularly Beer and Carson. We're still in this game

Last edited:

chimneys

Jun 11, 2007
Not for the first time this season no play for most of a dry (and windy) day because of wet outfield. Mate mentioned its the SW corner, i.e. nearest to this large new 37 flat/offices/pub development on the former Cricketers' site.

Any connection to those works do we think as don't recall many wet outfield problems in years gone by?

chimneys

Jun 11, 2007
To add, our 5 no results in T20 compared to normally monsoon Lancashire's 1 is bizarre!

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Aaron Thomason c †CB Cooke b van der Gugten 1 (29m 22b 0x4 0x6) SR: 4.54 • FOW: 10/1 (7.2 ov) :nono:

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Stiaan van Zyl lbw b van der Gugten 0 (2m 1b 0x4 0x6) SR: 0 • FOW: 10/2 (7.3 ov) :nono:

Timm van der Gugten on a hat trick... Travis Head looking to deny him...

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Stiaan van Zyl lbw b van der Gugten 0 (2m 1b 0x4 0x6) SR: 0 • FOW: 10/2 (7.3 ov) :nono:

Timm van der Gugten on a hat trick... Travis Head looking to deny him...

Looked pretty plumb.

Travis Head must be the perfect man to bowl to, seeking a hat-trick!

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I have no idea why Thomason is opening. He was dropped down the order against Yorks as he'd flopped at the top. He did well at four, so why move him up again? I'd have put Beer there, he's done well as a makeshift opener before

loco61

Jan 30, 2004
Hove GOSBTS
Terrible start to the second innings but strange that no one has commented on Orr´s 50* and Brown's 25* : good fightback from Orr, Carter and Brown in the evening sun! Very good last hour for Sussex.

fisons

Feb 21, 2005
Terrible start to the second innings but strange that no one has commented on Orr´s 50* and Brown's 25* : good fightback from Orr, Carter and Brown in the evening sun! Very good last hour for Sussex.

Top stuff from Ali Orr who has now joined Ibrahim by getting a 50 in each of his first two 1st class matches. He looks pure quality to me. Haines and Orr opening up for years to come by the looks of things unless one or both of them get to replace the Vicar or Kenny Burns.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here