Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

**Sussex v Durham Scorecard, LVCC - Division One, 24-27 Sep, Hove ** Last days of summer

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
Fantastic days play at the County Ground

Great weather and great cricket from Sussex - superb batting from Joyce and Wright.

Well worth a visit in next couple of days - beer in the Indian summer!!

Yes very enjoyable 350 runs and 15 wickets, cannot argue with that. The innings by Luke Wright could well be the difference if Sussex can push towards 300 with his help tomorrow.

Two very strong bowling lineups today, the pitch wasn't that bad but the seamers were accurate and hostile and you always felt the ball was on top throughout the day.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
Luke Wright has had a superb season with the bat in the CC, 663 runs @ 60. He didn't even have to benfit from any of that declaration bowling against Yorkshire t'other day. Shame he hasn't played more due to England comittments, otherwise at this rate he would easily have made 1000 runs for the season. He also made a big 100 for the England Lions.

PS - Who is Ashar Zaidi and are we looking at him to be the main spinner next year. Anyone seen him bowl?

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Can anyone adequately explain why we are playing cricket now in the mist in late September when we seem to have had very few 4 day games in July/August ?

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
328ao, exactly double their score, I like that.

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
Bunked off worked, got down to watch a pea souper for an hour before sulking off home, kicking cans....

Your lucky, I went for the day.
Really good morning session, Ben and ZAIDI (Woahao)batted superbly and punished anything with width. Zaidi hit hit the 1st ball he faced into the Boundary rooms for six.
He is a good prospect, and I hope he gets a contract for next season.
Doubled their score then got 2 balls from Mags before Fog Stopped Play.
All my years and I have never come across this.
Planned this weeks work so that I could have a full final days play this season....thats it for this year.
Seeing as Warks didnt get maximum batting points, a win for Sussex would guarentee third place

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
Your lucky, I went for the day.
Really good morning session, Ben and ZAIDI (Woahao)batted superbly and punished anything with width. Zaidi hit hit the 1st ball he faced into the Boundary rooms for six.
He is a good prospect, and I hope he gets a contract for next season.
Doubled their score then got 2 balls from Mags before Fog Stopped Play.
All my years and I have never come across this.
Planned this weeks work so that I could have a full final days play this season....thats it for this year.
Seeing as Warks didnt get maximum batting points, a win for Sussex would guarentee third place

When I left at 4, it looked quite clear however becalmed.

Dare we dream the champions will capitulate again. I bet they get 500 by lunch on day 4 and bowl us out for nowt...

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
I would be very surprised if that happens, ther body language this morning seemed poor.

AS an aside, when Stokes got Zaidi out he gave him a verbal bashing so much that Zadir turned back towards him.
The umpires intervened and Stokes and Colly were called to the umpires room at the lunch break.
Could be interesting considering Stokes recent problems.

chimneys

Jun 11, 2007
Any idea why Warwickshire declared 9 runs short of getting their final batting point. If they had taken it, they could have tied for 3rd with us if we both win. As it is, and we both win, they now miss out by a single point. Odd?

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
They had gone past 110 overs so couldnt get the last point

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here