Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Cricket] ***Sussex Sharks v Surrey Slurry, Hove, 26.07.19 KO

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Suicide, well ahead for the over, should have nudged a single or a two, poor judgement.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Salt : 27 off 10 balls, caught at long on going for another 6 that he did not need to go for.... if he had batted for 50-60 balls we would have won the match for sure.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Salt : 27 off 10 balls, caught at long on going for another 6 that he did not need to go for.... if he had batted for 50-60 balls we would have won the match for sure.

Strange take on it. How do you think he GOT to 27 from 9 balls?

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire

That’s the way of it with salt. Very good striker of the ball but frequently holes out when he appears well set.
I chuckle when the commentator says (yet again) “and salt looks furious with himself as he rather throws his wicket away “.
Good player , mind you. He’s won a fair few games single handedly

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Strange take on it. How do you think he GOT to 27 from 9 balls?

He was living dangerously and had already been dropped at long on in those 10 balls, I think he had hit consecutive 6's and was going for a third.... my thoughts are with 12 already from the over you are well in to having had a good over, next ball you score 2 or lose a wicket which would you prefer ?

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
That’s the way of it with salt. Very good striker of the ball but frequently holes out when he appears well set.
I chuckle when the commentator says (yet again) “and salt looks furious with himself as he rather throws his wicket away “.
Good player , mind you. He’s won a fair few games single handedly

True, I just think that sometimes he can be TOO aggressive, sometimes its better to aim to score 12 an over for 10 overs rather than 20 an over for 3 overs

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
True, I just think that sometimes he can be TOO aggressive, sometimes its better to aim to score 12 an over for 10 overs rather than 20 an over for 3 overs

You’re right and it’s frustrating. He is young, though , and compared to his contemporaries (finch, Haines) he is smashing it.
I just don’t get why he acts so distraught when he gets caught on the boundary. It happens so often !

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Come on Master Luke, a match winning innings please.

He's all we have left now..... looking like we have chucked this away unless we can post 180 +

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
:ohmy:
Already one NR in our points total, can't afford too many in a season. I once read an interesting article about Glamorgan CCC and how difficult it was for them to be able to win the County Championship as the County lost so many more days play every season than any other county due to rain.

Lancs claim due to their ‘micro climate’ if I remember right.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here