Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sussex Senior Cup Final ???

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Lewes have only won it 5 times.

Slight deviation I went to a bank yesterday to open an account for a club that is reforming and during a conversation about paying players the bank manager suggested that some of the Lewes players are on more money than some of the Brighton first team. Could this be true.

Oct 25, 2003
maybe not the first team, but i'd imagine fringe players, such as loft, rents, sullivan etc. would be on similar wages to lewes' highest earners

most of the younger reserve players would be also

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
According to the bank manager he said 'some first team players' which would suggest those new from the youth set up. Fraser, Cox before his new contract, Gatting I do not know only repeating what I was told.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Changes the views a little when people hear of Lampard and Rooney etc wanting £100k + per week.

I do know that when Barry Lloyd was at BHA they tried to sign a goalkeeper and offered him less than he earnt as a postman, so he played part time with St Albans plus drove a lorry for the GPO full time.

Last edited:

ditchy

a man with a sound track record as a source of qua
Jul 8, 2003
brighton
1951 Whitehawk & M F O B ? answers on a postcard ?

ditchy

a man with a sound track record as a source of qua
Jul 8, 2003
brighton
BensGrandad said:
Changes the views a little when people hear of Lampard and Rooney etc wanting £100k + per week.

I do know that when Barry Lloyd was at BHA they tried to sign a goalkeeper and offered him less than he earnt as a postman, so he played part time with St Albans plus drove a lorry for the GPO full time.

Once managed to go to the PFA dinners im march .. it was 1994 i believe and the table we had was Colchester Uniteds ..The players there couldnt afford to go so sold their table ,+ no one on there team was on the awards .. We sat next Mansfield Town who had one player in the team awards and they were saying that they only came down becuase they had the certain player nominated and then it was basically coach down and coach back no overnight stop ...Big contrast to the time the likes of Vinny Jones etc who were Lording it up bigtime .

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here