Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Sussex Senior Cup Final - Worthing v Bognor Regis Town

AlbionBro

Jun 6, 2020
Bognor pushed Worthing all the way, Worthing also got lucky with the off the bar penalty. Entertaining game and there looked more like 4000. Bognor won the singing too. Hinsh looked more like Butters than Butters does.

Krafty

Apr 19, 2023
It was a good atmosphere, I thought Bognor played very well and hit the bar, however Worthing did have a disallowed goal for offside and a penalty shout (which from my view looked like it would be given).
Nevertheless, Worthing would win 8-7 after saving a pretty bad shot, Bognor could've won it at 4-4 but missed the decisive penalty (over the bar), reminding me of March's attempt.

Last edited:

Deleted member 37369

Aug 21, 2018
Bognor pushed Worthing all the way, Worthing also got lucky with the off the bar penalty. Entertaining game and there looked more like 4000. Bognor won the singing too. Hinsh looked more like Butters than Butters does.
Worthing had a couple of great shouts for pens towards the end. Ref was way off the pace and too far away from the action all the time.

were you sat next to Bognor fans? I was say fairly central - in Worthing section - and barely heard Bognor. Whereas Worthing were pretty loud most of the game!

Deleted member 37369

Aug 21, 2018
Now hope Worthing can keep squad together. Assume some will fancy a go at higher level
I was sat next to a number from the Worthing Women’s team and right next to their assistant coach. I mentioned rumours of Harrison Male leaving but she seemed to think he might be staying … which would be great news.

I think the young CB Joe Rye has a future at a higher level - but he’s only 19 and will hopefully stick around for a bit longer.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Now hope Worthing can keep squad together. Assume some will fancy a go at higher level
Worthing have been a pathway side for a while now, several players have gone on to higher levels including a few to the EFL. I think good, young(ish) players are happy to sign for Worthing, knowing that the club will develop them in the right way, and possibly open the door to the professional game for them.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Bognor won the singing too.
On the live stream I don't think I heard much more than a peep from Bognors fans, there weren't many of them to be fair. The Worthing fans were very impressive, seemed to keep going for the entire game and made lots of noise, much like they always do.

carlzeiss

May 19, 2009
Amazonia
Anyone have an idea as to why the younger Worthing fans in the North West corner took their trainers off and waved them around mid way through the 2nd half ?

AlbionBro

Jun 6, 2020
Worthing had a couple of great shouts for pens towards the end. Ref was way off the pace and too far away from the action all the time.

were you sat next to Bognor fans? I was say fairly central - in Worthing section - and barely heard Bognor. Whereas Worthing were pretty loud most of the game!
I thought Worthing had one good shout for a pen, but so did Bognor, yes the ref was off the pace so was the bald lino. The ref could have given out another two yellows to Worthing players I thought. I have heard he is a Worthing fan?
I sat central Bognor and could not hear Worthing fans hardly at all but Bognor were loud longer than the Northstand stamina wise, if you asked me. It made me question why can't the Northstand singers go this long anymore at Home. Too many oldies?

AlbionBro

Jun 6, 2020
On the live stream I don't think I heard much more than a peep from Bognors fans, there weren't many of them to be fair. The Worthing fans were very impressive, seemed to keep going for the entire game and made lots of noise, much like they always do.
Live stream must have been miked up in the North end then? Nice and loud from the green army at the South end.

Krafty

Apr 19, 2023
Live stream must have been miked up in the North end then? Nice and loud from the green army at the South end.
Yeah I thought the Bognor fans generated some noise, and that kept going throughout the match, I heard Worthing fans also (at parts) but I was situated in the Bognor end so that may be why.
I thought Worthing had one good shout for a pen, but so did Bognor, yes the ref was off the pace so was the bald lino. The ref could have given out another two yellows to Worthing players I thought. I have heard he is a Worthing fan?
What minute was there a Bognor penalty shout (because I can't remember one)? However do agree that Worthing could've got one or two more yellows.

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
I was sat next to a number from the Worthing Women’s team and right next to their assistant coach. I mentioned rumours of Harrison Male leaving but she seemed to think he might be staying … which would be great news.

I think the young CB Joe Rye has a future at a higher level - but he’s only 19 and will hopefully stick around for a bit longer.
My sources suggest neither will be with them next season

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
The programme for last night's game was designed by Matt Axell, who himself played at the Amex in the final for Worthing when they lost 1-0 to Eastbourne Borough in May 2016:-

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Worthing have been a pathway side for a while now, several players have gone on to higher levels including a few to the EFL. I think good, young(ish) players are happy to sign for Worthing, knowing that the club will develop them in the right way, and possibly open the door to the professional game for them.
One such player, Kwame Poku, playing for Peterborough United against Sheffield Wednesday this evening.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here