Sussex Senior Cup Final - Lewes vs Whitehawk. Saturday 16th 15.00 Amex

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
image.jpg

Lewes fans pyro.

"Naughty, naughty Lewes" chanted the Whitehawk Ultras :)

Oct 2, 2008
Went to support Lewes but they were well beaten. Very enjoyable afternoon in the sunshine nonetheless. Great comedy moment at the station after : Lewes fans " youre just a small town in Brighton ". Whitehawk fans " you're just a small town in Ringmer".

ken tiler

Nov 24, 2007
Brighton
I know it was only against Lewes, but I thought some of the one-touch football Whitehawk played today was some of the best Ive seen from any team at the Amex this season.

I know it was only against Lewes, but I thought some of the one-touch football Whitehawk played today was some of the best Ive seen from any team at the Amex this season.

Was some nice stuff played,thought the whitehawk left back(captain) was very good,sort of player the Albion should take on pre season,might work out,might not but worth a look.

Bombadier Botty

Complete Twaddle
Jun 2, 2008

Agree, watching Whitehawk playing exciting attacking football was such a change from the dross served up by BHA in recent seasons. The freekick and subsequent header for their (2nd?) goal was sublime. If they can keep that squad together they've surely got a good chance of challenging for promotion again next season.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Nothing against Whitehawk or Lewes, but does it make sense to have the final at the Amex with just 2,600 fans rattling around inside it ? ???

I am certain this question will upset some, but surely the atmosphere would be better at a more compact smaller ground ?

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Nothing against Whitehawk or Lewes, but does it make sense to have to final at the Amex with just 2,600 fans rattling around inside it ? ???

I am sure this question will upset some, but surely the atmosphere would be better at a more compact smaller ground ?

You are spot on here.
Probably great for the players to play on the AMEX pitch, but the atmosphere was terrible.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Nothing against Whitehawk or Lewes, but does it make sense to have the final at the Amex with just 2,600 fans rattling around inside it ? ???

I am certain this question will upset some, but surely the atmosphere would be better at a more compact smaller ground ?

But would that number have gone if it was at another ground?

attila

1997 Club
Jul 17, 2003
South Central Southwick
Great fun. Shame the Albion banned the Whitehawk Ultras' flags, 7 drums (fact: drums are obviously shit in Championship but great in non league) air raid siren, bugle and stylophone (yes, stylophone, a woman was playing one at the Weston Super Mare game) Shame the Ultras sat down so meekly when the 1 steward told them to :) Hawks played some classy stuff, though given they'd just missed out on promotion to the Conference and Lewes on relegation to 2 levels lower the gap was massive. When we're not playing, a trip to watch Whitehawk is a treat if you want a bit of a laugh and need your football grass roots watering....thoroughly recommended

melias shoes

Oct 14, 2010
Was some nice stuff played,thought the whitehawk left back(captain) was very good,sort of player the Albion should take on pre season,might work out,might not but worth a look.

I thought that about the left back made some good runs down the wing.Puts a good cross in and tackles well. I know it's only non league but could well be worth a look. Lee Hills I think his name is.

I thought that about the left back made some good runs down the wing.Puts a good cross in and tackles well. I know it's only non league but could well be worth a look. Lee Hills I think his name is.

Nothing ventured,as you say only non league but the lad looked very assured on the ball,wouldn't do any harm to give a look during pre season,Lee Hills,that's the fellow.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here