Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Sussex Senior Challenge Cup Final - TONIGHT 7;15PM - link to YouTube stream here.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Looked like a serious injury for Barker Boaitey at the end from a bad challenge by the Worthing player.

……..only a few minutes after a late tackle on the same player left him needing lengthy treatment.

Refereeing was more like Sunday League than Premier League.

Worthing huffed and puffed, fouled, and could have conceded 6 or 7 with more clinical finishing.

Originunknown

BINFEST'ING
Aug 30, 2011
SUSSEX
Good showing. Tolaj is a very good finisher at this level and well built for his age, seen him a few times this season and it was more of the same. Peupion has a lot of promise and Spong had a great game. Didn't quite see Moran impact the game as much as i'd hoped.

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
……..only a few minutes after a late tackle on the same player left him needing lengthy treatment.

Refereeing was more like Sunday League than Premier League.

Worthing huffed and puffed, fouled, and could have conceded 6 or 7 with more clinical finishing.

Felt Pearce spent most of his time arguing and being petulant than actually doing anything, some nasty challenges late on, that the referee didn’t seem to care about, was poor from him especially with the young players involved.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Did think the ref had a bad match but seemed to be equally bad to both teams which evens it out I guess.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Really enjoyable game. I was very impressed with the Albion youngsters, they moved the ball around really well. Spong just ran everything from the centre, Tolaj physical and clinical and after a quiet first half imo I thought Moran shone in the second half, Peupion also another standout. Clearly a very well coached team that has a lot of promise.

Before the game I actually fancied Worthing to win by being just a little more physical, but again I thought the kids more than held their own. Nice for the U23s to get some reward for their efforts this season. Worthing have done brilliantly this season so they too can reflect on a job well done. It was good to see Hinsh get a good run of applause from all at the end.

As for the ref, well a least he was consistent, he was at the very least generous in letting the game flow, so a few tasty tackles went unpunished. I heard both sets of fans man about him on the way out, imo he was even handedly mediocre.

Grizz

Jul 5, 2003
It’s amazing how often people post this when they haven’t got another adjacent post!

I’d love to know what was edited out in order to say it’s a duplicate of something that isn’t here.

Blimey, if it's that important to you. I'd posted earlier in the thread, watched the second half, refreshed the page to see what comments had been made and it reposted my earlier post again. I edited it, as I couldn't see a delete button and here we are, writing an explanation to satisfy you. Hope it helped :D

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here