Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sussex Police & Crime Commissioner Election Result

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
Interesting that Sussex is a beacon of blue in the otherwise independent South East. The PCC elections in Kent, Surrey and Hampshire have all seen Independent candidates defeat the Tories.

Chisnall may well have missed out by a gnats chuff as he nearly was second and god (small g) knows how many idiots had him as their second choice

As I've posted if Daniels had stood as an Independent and just drawn attention to his lengthy service as a magistrate I reckon he would have walked it ..... shame

Fef

Rock God.
Feb 21, 2009
Which is why it doesn't seem right that the PCC election became a political contest. The police are servants of the Crown, not the Government. I still happen to think there's value in that. Katy Bourne isn't going to say or do anything that this Government don't already advocate. Nor is she just going to be able to press a button and dispose of a Chief Constable on a whim, there would be all sorts of process, the same as has always been the case with the Police Authorities.

I thought that it was disappointing that it was conducted on party political lines. IMHO the candidate with best experience was the Independent, and Katy Bourne had no experience at all - but she won because she was a Conservative.

Last edited:

Tory Boy

Jun 14, 2004
Brighton
To quote you, "I have it on good authority" is neither well balnced or even your viewpoint.
It's a fact that I have it on good authority, else why the f*** would I have said it.

The only reason the increased powers weren't in the act was because the senior judiciary opposed it.

But hey, you keep to your shit and I will keep to my 'good authorities'.

TB

It's a fact that I have it on good authority, else why the f*** would I have said it.

The only reason the increased powers weren't in the act was because the senior judiciary opposed it.

TB

And it's a FACT that I can post bollocks on the internet and claim it as FACT without quantifying the post and claim it's a FACT.

Especially if it's in CAPITALS.

FACT.

Tory Boy

Jun 14, 2004
Brighton
Do I take it that you are not going to even try and qualify your FACT but we just have to take your word that you "Have it on good authority"
As I said time will tell, but how can anyone have a conversation with someone like you who says I talk shit and bollocks?

You can choose to not believe me, that is your choice. My choice is now to ignore you.

Until that is the time comes when those extra powers are announced, but I suspect when that time comes you will be very quiet.

TB

As I said time will tell, but how can anyone have a conversation with someone like you who says I talk shit and bollocks?

You can choose to not believe me, that is your choice. My choice is now to ignore you.Until that is the time comes when those extra powers are announced, but I suspect when that time comes you will be very quiet.

TB

The cruelest cut, TB ignores me.:(

Don't claim facts without being able to back the fact up with tangible evidence of the said fact.

Feel free to bump this when the PCC is abolished in under 10 years.

H1

X

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003

why would you say it? for a bit of a laugh, bit of notoriety, bit of trolling? why do people say Owen is coming to Brighton?

any additional powers would require a new Act to change the law, and the same objections would be raised. given the abject failure of this election, i dont expect anyone trying to run changes to it through parliament, other than to abandon it all together.

The FACT is that any plan by a Tory Prime Minister and a Tory Home Secretary to tighten their grip on police forces (especially on spending) by increasing the "powers" of the PCCs in their heartlands has just fallen out of the window - because the unconvinced voters have failed to deliver Tory PCCs in places that Conservative Central Office always imagined were in their pocket. Tory defeats in Kent, Surrey, Hampshire, Dorset, Avon & Somerset put whatever plan there was into COMPLETE DISARRAY.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Which is why it doesn't seem right that the PCC election became a political contest. The police are servants of the Crown, not the Government. I still happen to think there's value in that. Katy Bourne isn't going to say or do anything that this Government don't already advocate. Nor is she just going to be able to press a button and dispose of a Chief Constable on a whim, there would be all sorts of process, the same as has always been the case with the Police Authorities.

FWIW I agree 100%

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here