Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sussex Police & Crime Commissioner Election Result

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
I must apologise for not standing.
Next time I will stand with my policy of taking the median wage to campaign against this bollocks (paying my own expenses) and returning the rest of my salary to the police authority.
Appeal to raise deposit appearing on nsc in a few years.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
I must apologise for not standing.
Next time I will stand with my policy of taking the median wage to campaign against this bollocks (paying my own expenses) and returning the rest of my salary to the police authority.
Appeal to raise deposit appearing on nsc in a few years.

can you appoint me deputy on a living wage and I'll just clean up litter?

Not living in Sussex anymore I just wanted to say how delighted I am that the Tory failed miserably in their attempt to get elected in Kent having been destroyed by an independent.

4-p

Sep 3, 2011
Shoreham
I'm very disappointed!
By far the least qualified candidate wins because of a political association. That's horrific!
It seems almost fixed.

Presumably a lot of people who would normally be clever enough to make a logical decision using reason and conscience, decided not to vote at all, so the better candidates didn't get the votes to beat down the political vote.

Call it a lesson, if it's abstention vs least bad from a bad bunch, take the latter option people!

Now we've got someone who's greatest achievement is selling their business to their competitor. Not sure why that's note worthy.
Surely existing rapport with the community and law enforcement might help more?

Last edited:

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
What a disaster! Privatisation of civilian police staff here we come. Absolutely the worst result possible.

Already happening in many forces and has nothing to do with PCCs but forces slashing budgets and saving money by getting rid of people who are basically employed for the sake of it rather than doing anything to actually support the day to day Policing of their respective forces.

Already happening in many forces and has nothing to do with PCCs but forces slashing budgets and saving money by getting rid of people who are basically employed for the sake of it rather than doing anything to actually support the day to day Policing of their respective forces.
Would you rather have uniformed police officers doing the admin work?

And what do you mean by "being employed for the sake of it"? Surely SOMEONE has to be employed to sort out ordering and paying for equipment, dealing with payroll enquiries and sick leave, managing the fleet of vehicles, etc? Is this better done locally, or in some distant office run by a multi-national "facilities" organisation?

Last edited:

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
Would you rather have uniformed police officers doing the admin work?

No, i wouldn't want Police officers doing the admin work, but that's not the point i was making, there are plenty of support staff who are not needed because they add nothing to the front line operations or support Police officers in their duties.

One force has less than 12 IT staff looking after their IT systems, others have hundreds of staff doing the same, why?

Sometimes staff just redesign things like web pages or name badges, why change something that isn't broken? Your paying a decent wage to someone to do this instead of spending that money on something that will reduce crime or catch criminals.

And what do you mean by "being employed for the sake of it"? Surely SOMEONE has to be employed to sort out ordering and paying for equipment, dealing with payroll enquiries and sick leave, managing the fleet of vehicles, etc? Is this better done locally, or in some distant office run by a multi-national "facilities" organisation?

As above, there are things that are needed to be done to free up officers to be able to go out and Police the streets, but as most services are done or could be done online nowadays, what difference does it make if that site is run from a site within the local force or a large company which provides the same services for say 5 forces?

Fleet vehicles for example, does each force need to procure all its own vehicles, or could they have one central provider ordering the vehicles for several forces (saving money by bulk buying and not doubling up on staff doing the same role at each of those forces) You can still have staff at each force who are responsible for moving / maintaining vehicles but do they need to be directed by someone sat at an office in their own force rather than by someone sat in an office that does the same job but for several forces? (again reduces doubling up on roles)

Don Quixote

Nov 4, 2008
We need a general election to get rid of this clueless out of touch upper class idiot at the reigns.

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
We need a general election to get rid of this clueless out of touch upper class idiot at the reigns.

And replace them with which useless, out of touch political party instead?

The ones who created a fair deal of the mess in the first place through their spending policies?

It is a result of far too many Governments spending money they didn't raise by taxes or saved from cutting spending elsewhere and not just in this country.

A lot of Europe is in crisis, and therefore demand is reduced for our products, of course this will affect us and our economy. The solution from some seems to be creating more jobs in the public sector which just means that you are still spending far more than you are raising in taxes or through savings so don't actually tackle the problem but try to mask it for a little longer. Now what has happened in countries like Greece, Ireland and Spain has shown that this type of Government policy can't go on forever so what new solution is there being offered by any of the other political parties that will solve this problem?

The problem with Public sector jobs is that most don't generate an income which pays for themselves, so have to be paid for through taxes. This money isn't necessarily recovered through taxes paid by those employed as a result of giving them jobs in order to be able to pay them again without having to dig further into the public coffers (usually through further borrowing) and what do they do, do you just create a role so that they get paid or is there something they are needed for that isn't currently being provided requiring staff to be taken on?

sosparty

Nov 2, 2012
Check out her Katy Bourne's Facebook Farce.
Chris Spivey ?

Many people are questioning Steve Waight's appointment, because its evident that all the old personnel of the replaced Sussex Police Authority are back at their desks.

Shouldn't the job of her deputy have been advertised?
Is Mr Waight really the best man for the job?
Does she need a Deputy to lessen her load (as she claims), considering she already has a team of 8 full time workers and a further 4 consultants.
(After all, all she has to do is draft a Police and Crime Plan once a year and set the Police Tax)

People are saying the election was rigged....

Isn't it time the people of Sussex got angry about this and started to ask for reform?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here