Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sussex (Nil Point) CCC vs Surrey CCC @ Horsham (4 Dayer)

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
63/1.

This is embarrassing stuff, the way Surrey are letting us have all these free runs to make a game of it. It's a bit like dads v boys with the dads giving the boys a 6 goal head start. :nono:

But perhaps we should take our hats off to the brown caps for thinking of value for money for the Sussex public and insisting our feeble home team at least pretend to make a game of it.

Poyetry In Motion

Pooetry Motions
Feb 26, 2009
6.61 miles from the Amex
63/1.

This is embarrassing stuff, the way Surrey are letting us have all these free runs to make a game of it. It's a bit like dads v boys with the dads giving the boys a 6 goal head start. :nono:

But perhaps we should take our hats off to the brown caps for thinking of value for money for the Sussex public and insisting our feeble home team at least pretend to make a game of it.

you've got the score all wrong
It's 1 run for 63 wickets.....

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
63/1.

I think you will find cricinfo have made a major cock up, they have Sussex and Surrey back to front. They have also mixed up the numbers of the current and future champions, it says 185/5 when clearly it should be 855/1. Not going well for the cricinfo typing team today.

Surrey 124
Sussex 80/1 (21.0 ov)
Sussex trail by 44 runs with 9 wickets remaining in the 1st innings
Tea - Day 1

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
19 balls since the last run :nono:

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
80/2

Kartik's first wicket, caught by a chap who plays for my own cricket club, Jason Roy. :nono:

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Good news, it's started raining!

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
For the next match, I think two threads should be started. One for all the humourless twats who think claiming Sussex will lose every single match by a record margin is actually in any way amusing, and the other for people who probably still think Sussex will lose but actually have an opinion on the cricket.

Were loose

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
For the next match, I think two threads should be started. One for all the humourless twats who think claiming Sussex will lose every single match by a record margin is actually in any way amusing, and the other for people who probably still think Sussex will lose but actually have an opinion on the cricket.
I didn't have you down as someone thick enough not to understand the definition of humourless. Then again, given you're stupid enough to consider Gary Barlow far more talented than Paul McCartney, this really shouldn't surprise me.

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
I'm quite aware of the meanings of humourless and how it was used in this case. People spinning this joke time after time are most certainly without humour.

And how can you possibly claim my opinion on King Gary/McCartney is wrong? Gary has, I would estimate, a 90%-plus success rate when it comes to releasing great music. McCartney is living proof of the saying 'if you throw enough shit some of it will stick'. If I released track after track I'd probably stumble upon something that sounded vaguely respectable in the next 50 years. And if I chose to repeat one line of it a hundred times I'd have my very own Hey Jude.

You really ought to separate your passion for the performer from your appreciation of the quality of the composition.

Or is this your running joke? Ok, that really is humour.

Hatterlovesbrighton

something clever
Jul 28, 2003
Not Luton! Thank God

TCB in sense of humour failure. Now there is a surprise.

Maybe we should start two threads. One for you and one for everyone else

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here