Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sussex Day.

les dynam

Oct 10, 2008
Hove
Will never happen of course... but wouldn't it be amazing to see some stoolball staged at the Amex in front of 30,000

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
Sixty years ago I would have been laying on my back in the long grass beside the Dew Pound, watching and listening to the Skylarks as they flew and swooped around the sky above me.
This is my Sussex day.

Baron Pepperpot

Jul 26, 2012
Brighton
I was an outstanding pitcher at stoolball as a youngster. I regret not continuing that now I know it's a game of Sussex heritage.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Rounding up non white immigrants and building big wicker man bonfires ? whereas in Yorkshire we could not tell the difference as we all worked down the mines and came out black anyway

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Saint Richard is our saint by the way. The Chichester bod.

Saint Richard is our saint by the way. The Chichester bod.

...Born in Worcestershire I understand (from Wiki so it must be true).

Crowborough had a "do" on Chapel Green with brass bands and stuff, didn't go (went to the seaside instead) but jolly good show on their part.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Alfriston had a lady saint but the Flemish stole her bones, they did that a lot over here in those days.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
I spent most of my day recognising that the inshore waters between Beachy Head and Selsey Bill are the Bay of Sussex...

D

Deleted User X18H

Sixty years ago I would have been laying on my back in the long grass beside the Dew Pound, watching and listening to the Skylarks as they flew and swooped around the sky above me.
This is my Sussex day.

Down near the lilac patch as perhaps the sun glistened off the old barn, in a perfectly manicured Toads Hole. Then to Charlie Bullens before tea as the sun set on they sloping wood half mile from B&H golf club. A sloping wood known as Hangleton.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here