Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sussex County Cup v Worthing (14th Nov, 7.45pm KO)

WorthingFC

Sep 30, 2012
Your Reserve / Development team are playing us on Wednesday and we look forward to seeing you at The Worthing Plumbase Stadium, Woodside Road.

7.45pm KO

Pay at gate - £9 adults, £5 Concessions (OAP/Students) & £4 children.

Attachments

• BHA FC HOME[1].JPG
    BHA FC HOME[1].JPG
    213.8 KB · Views: 92

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
I would love to be there, however I am stuck up in a cold dark Scotland working for my sins.

Should be a great game, I hope you get a good turn out.

Has the draw been made for the next round yet i.e do we know who the winner will play.

WorthingFC

Sep 30, 2012
well of course problem with Scotland is even in Summer its cold & dark (and that's coming from a Scotsman before anybody starts !)

No next round hasnt been drawn yet as most games arent for another couple of weeks (27th/28th Nov)

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
well of course problem with Scotland is even in Summer its cold & dark (and that's coming from a Scotsman before anybody starts !)

No next round hasnt been drawn yet as most games arent for another couple of weeks (27th/28th Nov)

Hopefully the Albion can film the game and put the highlights up on Seagulls Player, not sure how this works on cup games although I seem to think our semi final game we lost against Whitehawk last year was filmed at Culver Road. We have a very young development squad with the more senior players JFC and Kazim out on loan and Bergkamp returning back to Holland. Marcus Paynter and Will Hoskins being the only two first team players to play against Brentford the other week.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
do the development squad rules apply for the SSC? if not we could play Brez/Ank, Painter, Calderon, Sparrow, Lua Lua, Hoskins, Barnes, Toby, plus ? ... none of whom played a full game on Sat.

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
do the development squad rules apply for the SSC? if not we could play Brez/Ank, Painter, Calderon, Sparrow, Lua Lua, Hoskins, Barnes, Toby, plus ? ... none of whom played a full game on Sat.

That would be great but the club seem to favour getting the development players involved in these matches, perhaps we may see some fringe players involved, Toby would be great.

Pinkie Brown

Wir Sind das Volk
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR 🇩🇪
Back in the 80's, under Chris Cattlin (I think?), the first team put in such an inept performance one weekend, he made the whole team play a midweek Sussex Senior Cup tie as punishment. I forget who the opponents were, but they were from The County League.

The only thing in favour for the players: The game was at The Goldstone rather than some ploughed field with basic facilities out in Sussex somewhere.

Back in the 80's, under Chris Cattlin (I think?), the first team put in such an inept performance one weekend, he made the whole team play a midweek Sussex Senior Cup tie as punishment. I forget who the opponents were, but they were from The County League.

The only thing in favour for the players: The game was at The Goldstone rather than some ploughed field with basic facilities out in Sussex somewhere.

i'd have a small wager it was a 2-0 victory v Bognor Regis, if i'm right, f*** knows where I got that from

Will be there, and will be the first time where I will be wanting the team that Albion are playing to win. One of the few occasions where my two teams (Albion & Worthing) have the chance to play each other, and in this competition it'd be wrong for me not to support the Rebels, as a win for them would mean a whole lot more than the development lads!

otk

~(.)(.)~
May 15, 2007
Leg out of the bed
Will toodle along to this one

Last time I was there, I won £35 on the Golden Goal ticket :smile:

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
Will be there, and will be the first time where I will be wanting the team that Albion are playing to win. One of the few occasions where my two teams (Albion & Worthing) have the chance to play each other, and in this competition it'd be wrong for me not to support the Rebels, as a win for them would mean a whole lot more than the development lads!

Match report?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here