Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

*** Sussex CCC vs Somerset CCC County Championship 22-25 May at Horsham ***

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Well, if we can get most of 2 innings in on day one we will never survive the next 3 days even if there is time lost.....its all so futile.

Krusty

Sep 9, 2006
Close of play: Sussex 298-9 (Magoffin 21*, Panesar 17*)

1st innings lead of 222.

374 runs and 19 wickets in the day.

Honours EVEN after Day 1... better than any of us could have hoped for, I would say :clap2:

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
<Richie Benaud> "Lead of tew twenny tew, good effort that."

Close of play: Sussex 298-9 (Magoffin 21*, Panesar 17*)

1st innings lead of 222.

374 runs and 19 wickets in the day.

Honours EVEN after Day 1... better than any of us could have hoped for, I would say :clap2:
With the short boundaries at Horsham, Somerset should have no problem knocking up 700 runs in their second innings, meaning the best we can hope for will be holding on for a draw.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Honours EVEN after Day 1...
:lolol: In amongst some good fun stuff you have my Post of the Day...

(Joking aside, Somerset clearly have the upper hand. Lightning doesn't strike twice in the same place and we won't want to chase more than about 180...)

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol
I'm still not convinced by Jordan. 0 today and only 2 wickets. We really should be aiming higher. He'll probably end up playing for England with performances like this (well, he is Surrey).

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
I'm still not convinced by Jordan. 0 today and only 2 wickets. We really should be aiming higher. He'll probably end up playing for England with performances like this (well, he is Surrey).

I'm gonna reply realistically, the days play has not started yet, so surely I cannot jinx anything.

Jordan has averaged 32.75 with bat, and has 21 wickets at 21.14. A very good signing so far.

Obviously his Surrey skills will soon wear off and the more Sussex like traits of batfliddery and pie chucking will be along soon.

tinycowboy

Aug 9, 2008
Canterbury
Can we put them right? Do you have a link??

Oh and the COLLAPSE has begun... Wells gone.

83-1

Can't find it any more, but, even if I could, too little, too late - a bit like you know who. A decent partnership for the tenth wicket again papering over the cracks. We need to put yesterday behind us. Positives are that two more runs get us a precious batting point. For me, too early in the season to be getting down - great that The Goff got 8 wickets, shame we have to give away 20 runs to get them.

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
Christ, I started the day full of optimism that we may see a miracle but I have been let down once again.

Somerset to be 550/1 by close of play

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Christ, I started the day full of optimism that we may see a miracle but I have been let down once again.

Somerset to be 550/1 by close of play

Can't see that level of scoring myself. Somerset are a proper cricket team who VALUE their wickets. You won't find them taking needless risks like our shambles of a team.

IF (and it is a big IF) we can restrict the number of pies we serve up, I'll go for 340/0 (or maybe 340/1 if we can take advantage of a fatigued batting mix up and get a lucky run out)

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Zomerzet 0/0 off 3 overs. The calm before the storm?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here