Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

*** Sussex CCC vs Somerset CCC County Championship 22-25 May at Horsham ***

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
anyone there who can report on the pitch? The fact that one bowler has 6 means it may be him being damn good as much as the pitch being damned bad.

Also the last two have put on one run, so it can't be that awful a pitch?

TNBA

TTF

Horsham is normally a road and with short boundaries as well. Were any Somerset players seen in the Bookies this morning I wonder?

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Still no declaration . When will these top teams realise tiny Sussex cant win a match let alone the league according to a well known yorkshire pundit .

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
53/8...
The Goff has another - 7 for 17 so far

All to no avail though - if they get past 60, we have HAD IT

Krusty

Sep 9, 2006

joeinbrighton

Nov 20, 2012
Brighton
Folically challenged former Ashes winning cricket captains aside, Sussex have a very well balanced team this season with a good blend of old heads and younger talents. They should also face very little disruption to the team by way of England call-ups with Panesar only likely to get into the Ashes team if Cook elects to play a second spinner if the weather gets warm, the blue skies come out and a bit of a bunsen is prepared. Obviously, England have Prior but his appearances are now few and far between for Sussex anyway and they have an established stumper in the side now.

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
If the overhead conditions in Horsham are anything like they are in Brighton this morning, that may well account for the fall of wickets this morning. The regular overcast and cool weather has been very beneficial to seam bowlers so far this season.

I reckon this, sounds like they are playing and missing and Goff is getting edge's as well

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
Folically challenged former Ashes winning cricket captains aside, Sussex have a very well balanced team this season with a good blend of old heads and younger talents. They should also face very little disruption to the team by way of England call-ups with Panesar only likely to get into the Ashes team if Cook elects to play a second spinner if the weather gets warm, the blue skies come out and a bit of a bunsen is prepared. Obviously, England have Prior but his appearances are now few and far between for Sussex anyway and they have an established stumper in the side now.

What a ridiculous post, you are obviously a Sussex JCL....

Last edited:

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Cruel, cruel Somerset toying with our emotions. Its the hope that gets you.

If the mighty Somerset (Champions elect) can only manage 60/8, can you imagine what our team of batflids and sloggers will make of it. Utter humiliation.

:nono:

joeinbrighton

Nov 20, 2012
Brighton
What a ridiculous post, you are obviously a Sussex JCL....

I'm not familiar with what a JCL is. Isn't that a form of partitioning? What's ridiculous about it exactly? Sussex, to my knowledge, have not lost a match in the County Championship so far this season, regularly seem to be capable of taking 20 wickets and their top order have been amongst the runs. Keep that up and they will do very well.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
I reckon this, sounds like they are playing and missing and Goff is getting edge's as well
the score from the non-Goff overs is something like 50-1 ...

there is some hope that we might be able to at least match this Somerset score... ("NURSE...!!!" :) )

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
I'm not familiar with what a JCL is. Isn't that a form of partitioning? What's ridiculous about it exactly? Sussex, to my knowledge, have not lost a match in the County Championship so far this season, regularly seem to be capable of 20 wickets and their top order have been amongst the runs. Keep that up and they will do very well.

You feel our batting has yet to get going as well. Would love the Gnasher to put in a home town performance.

Lets hope the rain stays away, may have to go up tomorrow now

joeinbrighton

Nov 20, 2012
Brighton
I now have remembered what a JCL is. Well, my first match at Hove saw me watch Broad playing for Nottinghamshire. Chris Broad that was. From recollection, Derek Randall and Eddie Hemmings played that day as well. So, not a newcomer by any means. A casual follower of Sussex's fortunes and have been a few days' play at the County Ground here and there the last few years.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
I'm not familiar with what a JCL is. Isn't that a form of partitioning? What's ridiculous about it exactly? Sussex, to my knowledge, have not lost a match in the County Championship so far this season, regularly seem to be capable of taking 20 wickets and their top order have been amongst the runs. Keep that up and they will do very well.

It seems to have become a tradition on NSC to assume that Sussex will lose every match. These threads get more and more negative as the season progresses. Essentially, the more negative NSC is, the better Sussex play.

Hence I will now add that there is no way on earth that Sussex will score more than 15 runs in their first innings.

Krusty

Sep 9, 2006
Buttler cruising along 21 from 20 balls... ominous :nono:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here