Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Cricket] Sussex CCC - 2024 edition

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Elsewhere, Jofra's back in white and has torn it up for the 2nds at Beckenham

I just feel sorry for the batters TBH, imagine being in the Kent 2nds and thinking "ah, nice easy run out in some good weather" and find Jofra hurtling in at you

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
This Yorkshire commentator is a bit of a hoot.

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
He's very easily impressed - positively eulogising over a very straightforward catch by the keeper to dismiss Puji :(
I loved it when he said that Adrian was taking him to dinner tonight. 'Probably something exotic like scampi in a basket'

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Once again, we're struggling when Pujara and Haines fail - there's a real fragility in our line up (yes, I know Simpson's made a double ton and Lamb has got runs) but that's after the top order has blunted the attack). We need someone a bit tougher in the middle order.

We need to look at opener too - Clark is running out of chances. Has he got 200 in total this season? It may be time to bring Carter back or give Lion-Cachet a go

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
105/4.

Not great, but not terrible on a green pitch.

albionalex

Feb 26, 2009
Toronto
Once again, we're struggling when Pujara and Haines fail - there's a real fragility in our line up (yes, I know Simpson's made a double ton and Lamb has got runs) but that's after the top order has blunted the attack). We need someone a bit tougher in the middle order.

We need to look at opener too - Clark is running out of chances. Has he got 200 in total this season? It may be time to bring Carter back or give Lion-Cachet a go

Carter deserves a chance based on how well he played last year. I know we wanted to add experience but I did not like us signing Simpson and dropping Carter.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Lyth very lucky to escape this. Big club bias isn't only a thing in football...

Lyth.jpg

On his way now though. Terrific head-high grab in the slips, from Coles.

In comes Roooooot.

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Roooooooooooot

Oh, erm, sorry

Boooooooooooooooooo

Sid and the Sharknados

NSC Patron
Sep 4, 2022
Darlington
Yep. Height was the only possible doubt - but he was pinned right on the crease. I'd have been FUMING.
That was my first thought based on the still you posted, but assuming I flicked back to watch the same appeal (a couple of overs before he was out?) I'd guess hitting about 3/4s of the way up.

Earlier on I happened to read an article about the cameras all the umpires are wearing, which are mainly to do with monitoring different bowlers and how fast they're bowling, but also give the umpires feedback on their decisions. Apparently LBW appeals from certain types of bowling can be a bit more hit and miss because the angles that bit less familiar. I do wonder if that comes into it when left armers are bowling.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
And another on the stroke of tea.

Hill c Clark b FHP

59/4

Of the 14 wickets to fall in the day, TWELVE have been caught by the keeper or slips.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here