Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Cricket] Sussex CCC- 2022 Season Edition

Jul 7, 2003
Ali Orr beats Somerset by 8 runs.

Very nice reaction from the Somerset players when he was out and also a deserved standing ovation from the crowd.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Big game at hove next Tuesday let's hope the weather stays fine

Well, if there was a sudden freak rainstorm across the country, washing out all cricket, we'd be top of the league:lolol:

On the other hand, I've arranged things so I don't have to work tomorrow and can spend the day at the county ground

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
Looking forward to heading south tomorrow.

At home to Middlesex with a realistic chance of topping the group.

Weather looks a cloudy 20/21°.

Let's 'ave it.

Yup, win and Sussex should top the group. Lose and we’re relaying on other results to qualify! Incredibly tight.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Yup, win and Sussex should top the group. Lose and we’re relaying on other results to qualify! Incredibly tight.

Yeah, if we lose we almost certainly won't qualify: Leics and Warks are playing Durham and Somerset, the two worst teams in the competition. It's a must win game for us. I wonder if Haines and Robbo are available

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Yes. Limited to 4 cans of beer I think.

Or a pleasant bottle of red. :wink:

Red.jpg

South west gull

Nov 3, 2021
Yeah, if we lose we almost certainly won't qualify: Leics and Warks are playing Durham and Somerset, the two worst teams in the competition. It's a must win game for us. I wonder if Haines and Robbo are available
I am confident of a victory when is the semi finals ?

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
Going tomorrow. Are we allowed to take our own picnic food in?

Just do what my missus and her friends do when they go to the Oval / Lords etc with the kids & theres a no alcohol policy....get a pack of "Fruit Shoots", empty them, and fill them with wine / beer etc - then put them back in the cardboard wrap. Job done, & never checked :whistle:

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire

Correct me if I’m wrong but aren’t we pretty much through already ?
Gloucs have played their eight games and we are ahead of them. So even if leics and warks win it would be Gloucs that drop out of the top four.
So we’d qualify for the quarters at the end of the week

Off topic, I don’t suppose anyone is driving through Henfield on their way to the game ?

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Correct me if I’m wrong but aren’t we pretty much through already ?
Gloucs have played their eight games and we are ahead of them. So even if leics and warks win it would be Gloucs that drop out of the top four.
So we’d qualify for the quarters at the end of the week

I'm pretty sure it's only the top three that go through - first position means a semi-final place and second/third battle it out with second/third from the other group

EDIT: Just looked it up - it's just the top three. So, if we lose to Middlesex and the other two both win, we're out

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
I'm pretty sure it's only the top three that go through - first position means a semi-final place and second/third battle it out with second/third from the other group

EDIT: Just looked it up - it's just the top three. So, if we lose to Middlesex and the other two both win, we're out

Yep, I misread it. Not sure why there aren’t just four quarter finals and then the semis.
Tough ask tomorrow then.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Yep, I misread it. Not sure why there aren’t just four quarter finals and then the semis.
Tough ask tomorrow then.

Oh, I quite like this format - it's the same one as football has. It makes sense to have one automatic qualifier

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Robbo is likely back in the 11 for the next test, so I can't see him playing.

Yeah, we'd probably need dispensation to play him and I can't see us getting that. I'd be shocked if he were in the playing 11 though, our bowlers did OK; it was the batters who failed ... twice

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Just do what my missus and her friends do when they go to the Oval / Lords etc with the kids & theres a no alcohol policy....get a pack of "Fruit Shoots", empty them, and fill them with wine / beer etc - then put them back in the cardboard wrap. Job done, & never checked :whistle:

Surely if they need alcohol that much they could just buy it 😉

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here