[Cricket] Sussex CCC- 2022 Season Edition

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Not wishing to intrude of private grief, but do I take it you soft southern shandy drinking poofs lost again?

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
I played against beer when I played for Brighton and hove many years ago.

Will, his dad Andy or uncle Robin. Both Andy and Robin were opening batsmen and very good as well. Both were goalkeepers as well Andy for Horsham, Robin Horsham YMCA and then Broadbridge Heath if I remember correctly.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Not wishing to intrude of private grief, but do I take it you soft southern shandy drinking poofs lost again?

And some claim that the north isn’t light years behind the south?

And yes we did lose, but as we’ve lost 8 of the last 9 it wasn’t unexpected.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Will, his dad Andy or uncle Robin. Both Andy and Robin were opening batsmen and very good as well. Both were goalkeepers as well Andy for Horsham, Robin Horsham YMCA and then Broadbridge Heath if I remember correctly.

Will I think. Was a classy batsman

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
And some claim that the north isn’t light years behind the south?

And yes we did lose, but as we’ve lost 8 of the last 9 it wasn’t unexpected.

Andrew has been a rip roaring success then!

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Not quite !! Nor Salisbury nor Kirtley …. Unless you believe their “good times ahead” mantra

We appear to have returned to the old days where under Trout's stewardship we always offered the opposition the chance to win. The difference these days isn't due to old School captaincy but having a poor team in all formats.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
They lost an eye-watering amount of money the last time they played a CC match at Horsham (I can't remember the amount but I think it was something close to six figures. Sussex just can't afford losses like that - sad as it is. I loved attending games at Arundel, Horsham, Eastbourne and Hastings but they're just not viable these days

I’ve been privy to the costs. There’s a huge failure on Sussex’s side.

Weren't the out grounds very dependent on the weather where finances were concerned ? I once went to Horsham for a game against Lancs that was abandoned before a ball was bowled. Must have lost a packet. I remember a game against Durham that was rammed.

I'd love to see Sussex at Horsham again. Used to go every year.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Weren't the out grounds very dependent on the weather where finances were concerned ? I once went to Horsham for a game against Lancs that was abandoned before a ball was bowled. Must have lost a packet. I remember a game against Durham that was rammed.

I'd love to see Sussex at Horsham again. Used to go every year.

You’re right but it was Horsham cc who paid the insurance.

albionalex

Feb 26, 2009
Toronto
Will Beer to leave Sussex after tomorrow's match versus Hants. Leading T20 wicket taker in his 15 years at the club - 106 wickets in 135 matches. Hopes to play professional cricket again next year, but looking at a career in financial services.

Leaves Luke Wright as the sole remaining player from the golden era of Sussex CCC

All signs point to this being his last year too.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Good opportunity to watch Surrey struggle and potentially suffer (if , like this poster, you like that kind of thing).
Currently pissing wickets away in T20 quarter final.
It’s on Sky.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
What's better than Surrey being thrashed? Surrey needing 5 off the last over and still losing!

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Ahhhh. They bottled it . Poor Laurie Evans, at the end there. ������

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Now that was funny

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Anyone else wonder why the county game is so poorly attended?

In other news Sussex are batting on day one of their home match against Leicestershire

(Good amount of kids getting extremely sunburnt in that stand mind you)

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
Anyone know what happened to Haines for him to retire hurt?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports