Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Cricket] Sussex CCC- 2022 Season Edition

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Alsop clearly knows how to handle himself in T20. He has a half decent record in short form at Hants.
So why hasn’t he been starting? He’s only in today cos Ward failed a fitness test.
Yet another laughable decision.

albionalex

Feb 26, 2009
Toronto
Alsop clearly knows how to handle himself in T20. He has a half decent record in short form at Hants.
So why hasn’t he been starting? He’s only in today cos Ward failed a fitness test.
Yet another laughable decision.

I was just thinking this.

Ward has offered nothing whereas Alsop at least has some proven pedigree. Bizarre he hasn't been playing!

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
I was just thinking this.

Ward has offered nothing whereas Alsop at least has some proven pedigree. Bizarre he hasn't been playing!

Just poor judgment. There’s a lot of it about at Sussex.
I can see why they have faith in Ward as he has done well (at a lower level) and can whack it.
But we all just watched Alsop hit it around like a proper T20 expert. He only made it into the team by default.
Alsop should have been in ahead of virtually all of them.
Honestly, you couldn’t make it up.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
40 needed off or 2 overs

Surely even Sussex can't lose from here

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
Garton needs to practice his death bowling. Miles will have a heavy back carrying this side.

At least you’d assume the management from here will keep Alsop in the side!

Peacehaven Wild Kids

Jan 16, 2022
The Avenue then Maloncho
Kent needed 40 to win with 2 overs left and lost by 4 runs.
Even with the gifted 6, Kent were still able to score 30 other runs in 11 balls. (Or were they gifted too?)

No, they weren’t “gifted” [he replied, in a soft gentle tone of voice] however 30 runs in the last two overs of a T20 is hardly excessive and was expected, in my opinion. With about three overs left we just needed to hold our nerve and Bob’s yer uncle that’s what occurred. As a side issue, I would have been happy tying it up earlier however the exciting last over certainly did no harm for the younger/new faces out there.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
No, they weren’t “gifted” [he replied, in a soft gentle tone of voice] however 30 runs in the last two overs of a T20 is hardly excessive and was expected, in my opinion. With about three overs left we just needed to hold our nerve and Bob’s yer uncle that’s what occurred. As a side issue, I would have been happy tying it up earlier however the exciting last over certainly did no harm for the younger/new faces out there.

Let's just agree to disagree.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
124-2 off 13 is about par at Taunton.

Good game in prospect.

Sent from my SM-A127F using Tapatalk

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
216-7

Well batted Sussex.

Sent from my SM-A127F using Tapatalk

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Well fair play to Sussex - overs 14, 15 and 16 absolutely magnificent T20 cricket.

Just 8 runs conceded, 4 wickets taken in 18 balls.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Great win that, Somerset are a very good team especially at Taunton.

Well done lads

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here