Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Cricket] Sussex CCC- 2022 Season Edition

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Totally ****ing pathetic. Their approach to this game sums up the absolute shambles of a club that Sussex have become. This must rank as the worst showing by any county side against a touring team, ever. They've got a bloody nerve expecting people to pay to watch this crap.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

Was discussing this with my mate while we sat there watching the non-action yesterday. If all fit and available we have Archer, Finn and Robinson in the attack as well as Pujara to bat. That's a proper warm up test for a touring side. Not Henry Crocombe et al lobbing up shit, short pitched buffet bowling.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Sussex get their 2022 Vitality Blast campaign under way tonight. Anyone going?

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Looking at that team tonight compared to what we had just 2-3 years ago makes me sad

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
This must be lowest attendance ever for a 20/20 Public are not idiots. I think our tickets are the most expensive and maybe some are still upset about ripped of in farce against NZ

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
well on paper i think it should be a very good side. in reality however.....

It should be, yes. Players with international experience and great T20 records.

First game of the summer for many of them though. So hopefully the form picks up. Rawlins (with ball) and Rizwan (with bat) did well though, and both have had plenty of games already.

The most disappointing thing for me was the number of empty seats around us. Was a little dead tonight.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
It should be, yes. Players with international experience and great T20 records.

First game of the summer for many of them though. So hopefully the form picks up. Rawlins (with ball) and Rizwan (with bat) did well though, and both have had plenty of games already.

The most disappointing thing for me was the number of empty seats around us. Was a little dead tonight.
T20 was always a novelty aimed purely at pulling in more punters (and TBF, the pyjama version of the game was probably needed for financial reasons). Maybe the even more frivolous instantaneous thrill-seekers are being lured away by the even more superficial The Hundred, to the detriment of T20 gates.

Last edited:

smiler

Jan 12, 2006
Shoreham by Sea
T20 was always a novelty aimed purely at pulling in more punters (and TBF, the pyjama version of the game was probably needed for financial reasons). Maybe the even more frivolous instantaneous thrill-seekers are being lured awy by the even more superficial The Hundred, to the detriment of T20 gates.

No it's just that Sussex are crap

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Who’s going to Bristol tonight ?

Billy in Bristol

Mar 25, 2004
Bristol

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here