Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Cricket] Sussex batters showing what to expect this season

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Not sure that the departures of RHB and Prior were on the cards, they were relatively young - you can't predict injuries. And it also couldn't predict what happened to poor Matthew Holden - he'd have been well established by now.

But, yes, Davis was a bad call and dumping Nash was bonkers. The obsession with signing bowlers is also questionable....
Yeah, you're right. There's plenty to be critical about :lolol:

Did Nash get dumped or did he want out ? We’ve probably seen the best of him anyway but yes, it leaves us as thin as I can remember. Probably since about 1996 when everything went mental.
I’m surprised we haven’t bolstered the batting. Maybe the youngsters will come good, but how many chances has finch had? More than he’d get at most counties, I’d imagine. Hopefully the likes of salt and Haines will be inspired by archer . Now there’s someone the club can be proud of

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Blimey, Graeme Swann has just mentioned Ben Brown as an England possible, first time that I've ever seen his name mentioned in an England context. I wonder if he was thinking about someone else, as he was talking about young batsmen and Brown's nearly 30.

It wouldn't shock me to see Wells get a call, if he has another good season.

RyFish

Dec 6, 2011
Blimey, Graeme Swann has just mentioned Ben Brown as an England possible, first time that I've ever seen his name mentioned in an England context. I wonder if he was thinking about someone else, as he was talking about young batsmen and Brown's nearly 30.

Ben Brown's name has been removed from the BBC article, but still shows in the summary on a Google search.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Genuine question. When did batsmen become batters? Was it when bats morphed in to flat rounders bats?

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Genuine question. When did batsmen become batters? Was it when bats morphed in to flat rounders bats?

I've been using it since I became coach of a junior team that boys and girls in it. I've started saying batters ever since. There are women playing adult league cricket now, so I suspect that I'm not the only person who's modified his language.

erkan

Dec 9, 2004
Eastbourne
I've been using it since I became coach of a junior team that boys and girls in it. I've started saying batters ever since. There are women playing adult league cricket now, so I suspect that I'm not the only person who's modified his or her language.
Corrected. Bit sexist otherwise.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Eh? It wouldn't be an issue with female coaches or players as they'd be used to saying batters anyway.

Yeah, that was a bit of points scoring there.

Good to see the proliferation in women's cricket. The standard is slowly rising. I do enjoy their T20 games as the stroke play is a lot more textbook though. Only a matter of time before that changes, mind.

erkan

Dec 9, 2004
Eastbourne
Eh? It wouldn't be an issue with female coaches or players as they'd be used to saying batters anyway.
Not necessarily. A lot of people involved in cricket have preferred to talk about batsmen playing the game regardless of sex or gender.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Frankie

Put him in the curry
May 23, 2016
Mid west Wales
Robinson 7 for 23 off of 9.3 overs .

redoubtable seagull

Oct 27, 2004

I heard him say that whilst listening to a bbc podcast after the match. He was talking about opportunities for batsman in the England team. I wonder if he meant Nick Browne, who opens the batting for Essex.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here