Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Suspensions Thread

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
Dunk now on 9 bookings. At this rate he will accrue more than 15 this season and miss FIVE matches (2 when he reaches 10 and 3 when he reaches 15).

So any talk of tactical bookings is crazy. He needs to show more discipline and avoid needless dissent.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
1 game down, 2 to go. Seems unlikely still.

Perhaps it might be a good idea, assuming Dunky avoids being booked in the QPR game, to play Connor for Cardiff in preparation for his 2 games out.

Then Lewis just needs to get himself booked at Fulham, Connor in for cup game and Preston away.

As it stands we are very likely to be without Dunk for Fulham which is a slight worry.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
I refuse to go with the let's get booked in this game in order to get the suspension in this non-game logic.
That said, there's no problem with hoping/strategising Dunk being suspended for a FA Cup game. The MK Dons will hopefully not be the only option for that. I quite like the previous idea of resting Dunk for the Cardiff game. That way he plays against Fulham, and if he's booked in that one, misses the 3rd round FA Cup and Preston. If he isn't booked in that and we get through the FA Cup then there might be the opportunity to think of resting him against Preston, so we've got him for the Sheff Wed game.
In short, I'd rather we had him for the big games against those teams that are most likely to be challenging for an automatic place. :lolol: and, to a lesser extent, Fulham both still are in that race.

sdmartin1

Sep 23, 2008
I think the idea of resting Dunk in the Cardiff game is a very good one. It would give Goldson 2 matches in 8 days to get up to speed (the Cup game vs MK) as we will need him. Although it seems ridiculous to talk about getting 'tactical bookings' I think it would be very advisable for Dunk to be carded against Fulham, as then he'd miss the cup match and Preston before 3 very tough fixtures.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
The trouble with resting a player to avoid suspension is that it means he misses an extra game!

So Dunk would miss 3 games rather than 2.

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
A round up of the current status of suspensions relevant to BHA:

Lewis Dunk misses the next 2 games against MK Dons and Preston. He needs to avoid a further 5 bookings before the end of the season or suffer a further 3 game ban, which could spill over into next season.

Kazenga Lua Lua misses his last first team game against MK Dons, although he will still be banned for the Coventry game on Tuesday 10th and the subsequent round of the FL Trophy should we progress.

Jacob Butterfield and Will Hughes of Derby County are both currently banned, although Hughes will be back fro the next League game: Butterfield will miss the subsequent 2 League games against Leeds and Reading.

Jonjo Shelvey of Newcastle United has served 3 of his 5 game ban for racial abuse. He will miss the League at Brentford as well as the cup game at Birmingham.

Robbie Brady of Norwich City misses the cup and the subsequent FL game at Rotherham following his dismissal at Brentford.

Jermaine Beckford of Preston will miss the last of his 4 game ban when the Lilywhites play us next weekend.

Ben Pearson of Preston is on 9 bookings and would miss our match if he picks up another against Arsenal this weekend.

Harlee Dean of Brentford is also 1 caution away, and would miss our game should he pick up his 10th yellow in the last 2 games of this month.

PG

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
A monthly update of relevant suspension issues.

Neither of Lewis Dunk's yellows against Huddersfield count towards his season total, so he remains on 10. This is because the 1 game ban for 2 yellows is deemed to be sufficient punishment. There is no 'cut-off' date for 15 yellows, so should he pick up 5 more before the end of the season, he would serve a further 3 game ban, some or all of which could be carried forward to next season.

Elsewhere, Ipswich's star young striker Tom Lawrence is on 9 bookings. If he incurs another one this weekend he would miss our game on the 14th.

Leeds' CBs are walking a tightrope, with Pontus Jannson already on 12 yellows and Kyle Bartley on 9. The cut-off for 10 bookings is the 2nd Sunday in March, the week before our game at Elland Road.

If you find this useful then please 'like' and I will continue to monitor. Otherwise it feels like I'm taking to myself!

PG

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
A monthly update of relevant suspension issues.

Neither of Lewis Dunk's yellows against Huddersfield count towards his season total, so he remains on 10. This is because the 1 game ban for 2 yellows is deemed to be sufficient punishment. There is no 'cut-off' date for 15 yellows, so should he pick up 5 more before the end of the season, he would serve a further 3 game ban, some or all of which could be carried forward to next season.

Elsewhere, Ipswich's star young striker Tom Lawrence is on 9 bookings. If he incurs another one this weekend he would miss our game on the 14th.

Leeds' CBs are walking a tightrope, with Pontus Jannson already on 12 yellows and Kyle Bartley on 9. The cut-off for 10 bookings is the 2nd Sunday in March, the week before our game at Elland Road.

If you find this useful then please 'like' and I will continue to monitor. Otherwise it feels like I'm taking to myself!

PG

Anything to get a few thumbs up, eh? Seriously, please carry on.

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
Thanks for the positive feedback.

The other team that may be of interest, Reading, have Joey van den Berg on 9Y and fellow CB Liam Moore on 8Y. CBs vdB, Ilori and McShane are all currently out injured and likely to be still so when we play them on the 28th Feb.

PG

i wouldn't want to go into 3 games at the end of the season which might be critical without Dunk. But I'd be pleasantly surprised if he can get to the end without getting 5 more even with the two against Huddersfield being wiped out.. If he cuts out the silly ones yes he should be able to get through , but he does still seems to have the odd moments when picks up soft cards.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
I even mentioned you last week in a thread, and was wondering when/if you were going to bounce this. So thanks. And while you're so keen for attention or for something to do :)smile:), what about those further down the list for us, e.g. Knockaert, Bong, etc? -- how far away are they from ten?

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
A monthly update for those of us interested.

Dunk has 12 bookings which means he needs to avoid 3 more before the end of the season (including playoffs).

Knocky is on 7. With 3 games left before the 10 booking amnesty, he needs to avoid getting booked in 1 of these to prevent suspension. No other Albion player can reach 10 before the cut-off.

At Leeds, Jansson is on 13 bookings, Luke Ayling and Kyle Bartley on 9. They have 2 games before playing us, so a perfect storm could see all 3 defenders miss our match.

At Blackburn, Lenihan and Ben Marshall are both on 7, so in the same position as Knocky. An unlikely 2 game suspension would see either miss our match.

At Huddersfield, Jonathan Hogg on 8 is the only player who can incur a suspension prior to the amnesty.

PG

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
Trying to predict the usual woe that afflicts us, I can see Dunk riding it out until the last game which will ultimately matter for automatic promotion, getting booked in a hard fought do-or-die match which we ultimately don't get what we need, and then it's goodbye for playoffs.

Sounds vaguely familiar.

clarkey

Jan 3, 2006
A monthly update for those of us interested.

Dunk has 12 bookings which means he needs to avoid 3 more before the end of the season (including playoffs).

Knocky is on 7. With 3 games left before the 10 booking amnesty, he needs to avoid getting booked in 1 of these to prevent suspension. No other Albion player can reach 10 before the cut-off.

At Leeds, Jansson is on 13 bookings, Luke Ayling and Kyle Bartley on 9. They have 2 games before playing us, so a perfect storm could see all 3 defenders miss our match.

At Blackburn, Lenihan and Ben Marshall are both on 7, so in the same position as Knocky. An unlikely 2 game suspension would see either miss our match.

At Huddersfield, Jonathan Hogg on 8 is the only player who can incur a suspension prior to the amnesty.

PG

Ben Marshall moved to Wolves, so is guaranteed to not be playing for Blackburn against us. So there's some good news for you.

Here's hoping Fulham tear Leeds apart tomorrow night, with rash challenges flying in all over the place.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here