Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Surrey Sussex T20 incident

zeetha

Apr 11, 2011
Just back from the match and saw it happen - not something I'm going to forget in a hurry. Skied shot was coming down dead centre between the two fielders, and they were both looking up and and diving full pelt when they collided. Was obvious that it was serious straight away which was only confirmed by how long they were treated for on the pitch. Glad the players are both conscious - abandoning the game was really the only option.

If I'd have been braver I would've said something to the knobhead in front who was using his telephoto lens to get close up shots of the treatment. Luckily his other half noticed and started giving him serious grief though unfortunately it didn't make him stop!!

albiongirl

Jul 10, 2003
mileoak
I was there both players were running at speed for the ball. You could see what was going to happen it was just awful. Especially when the players stay down. The two ambulances were paramedics and the other one was St John's. It was the right decision to abandon the match as it was so distressing for the players. They announced the players were coming back to sign autographs and you could play on the outfield. They then announced Kevin Pieterson was staying 10 mins every one just laughed. Whoever looks after him is making him look like a joke. Hoping the Surrey players make a speedy recovery.

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
Capture.JPG

Sorrel

Jul 5, 2003
Back in East Sussex
Yes, I was there too. It was really nice day up to that point. It was so quiet at first after the injuries, no-one wanted to say anything. Like most other people, I was watching the ball seeing whether it would be caught or not and so was looking right at the collusion when it happened.

And while it was pretty clear things were not going to carry on it also felt a bit disrespectful to leave until the hurt players were safely in the ambulance, so everyone just waited quietly. I'm pleased the injuries weren't as bad as it looked at first: the players not moving at all was pretty horrible.

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
a fun day with sharki Doing the business a great location ,however we all felt it was right to abandon the game it was an awful accident and someone who has had an ambulance take me of the cricket field on a couple of occasions in the past,I hope the players today make full recovery ASAP. The fans today understood and claped the guys off and it was great to meet Luke Wright who was shaken by the incident.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
a fun day with sharki Doing the business a great location ,however we all felt it was right to abandon the game it was an awful accident and someone who has had an ambulance take me of the cricket field on a couple of occasions in the past,I hope the players today make full recovery ASAP. The fans today understood and claped the guys off and it was great to meet Luke Wright who was shaken by the incident.

Would you mind telling us what happened to you both times?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here