Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Surname change?

• Thread starter Deleted member 2719
  • Start date

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
The problem with old social media profiles is that they get forgotten and then more permissions/setting become available, so they are easier to lock down, but only after the last time you were logged in. Then you let people know what your old profile name is/was.

Then people get an insight into the 'special interest' groups you're a member of :lolol:

You may not care, but let me know if you want a reminder of the site & I'll DM you :lol: :lol:

Oh damn I think I already know.. thanks for the reminder!

m@goo

Feb 20, 2020
So what Mouldy, who has all but ruined the F1 thread with constant sniping at Lewis Hamilton, that was supposedly ITK (but not) is talking about, is this.

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2...hange-name-mother-carmen-surname-larbalestier

Subtle as a brick.

“I don’t really fully understand the whole idea that when people get married the woman loses her name..."

Well Lewis it's a throwback to when women were seen as property and were forced to take the name of the man they were marrying.

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
Mr Putdown and Loz are probably the only two decent Palace posters on here and I'd rather read either of them 100 times than another tedious and predictable "political not political" thread started by Mouldy.

red 'n' blue? not seen him for a bit, but most of them have been hiding for not nearly long enough

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
:thumbsup:

I'm not sure how I close the window through to your soul though :lolol:

Well, no shame in revealing two controversial yet quite real truths: the only real purpose with the Internet is the naked ladies, and the best part of any lady is the arse.

But my next employer perhaps doesnt need to know that, other than subconsciously.

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
Peter the Great and Catherine the Great had no need to change their names ...

But Putin the Bad means everyone called Putin is lining up a name change pronto ....

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
Oh you mean like Mike Hunt and Hugh A Nus :D

And you really think someone would never fall for those jokes and then they do! :) About 3 years ago I did administration for social services and one Friday afternoon was getting a bit dull. Accordingly, one of our resource officers returned to the office and I'd left her a 'post it ' indicating that she urgently needed to call a home manager called Hugh Jarce. If he was not available she would need to speak to his deputy Jenny Talia. 3 times she queried the message in all seriousness before she twigged why the office was in bits! :lolol:

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
20 odd years ago, as part of my job in corporate finance, I met the Treasurer of a leading FTSE company called David Brent.

This was pre-Office. The poor sod thinking he had a normal name….

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
And you really think someone would never fall for those jokes and then they do! :) About 3 years ago I did administration for social services and one Friday afternoon was getting a bit dull. Accordingly, one of our resource officers returned to the office and I'd left her a 'post it ' indicating that she urgently needed to call a home manager called Hugh Jarce. If he was not available she would need to speak to his deputy Jenny Talia. 3 times she queried the message in all seriousness before she twigged why the office was in bits! :lolol:

Brilliant :lol:

s5.bha

Aug 3, 2003
My mother’s maiden was Brock but originally Brockstein when her Jewish grandparents emigrated to Scotland.
They though dropped the Stein as they could not get work as no one would employ Jews.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cotton Socks

Skint Supporter
Feb 20, 2017
I was temping in an office once when my boss came in to tell me that the extensions weren't working and any calls I should just shout to who it was for. Obviously within 5 minutes I had a call for someone from a Hugh Janus. Obviously as I was only temping at the time I had no choice but to shout 'Andy I have a Hugh Janus in the line for you'....wankers! :wink: Sending the work experience kid to buy a pot of black and white paint always amuses me though. :blush:

D

Deleted member 2719

A well deserved “dig’ in my opinion. Why announce a name change before it happens, if it does? Simple “look at me” PR by LH - if MV had made the same announcement you’d have been all over it like a rash.

Unfortunately some can not see past success and they can not delve into the person behind it and their character, like some Chelsea fans.....i am not suggesting lewis is anywhere near Mr Chelski in his nature.
But love is blind as they say.

His anti mouldy agenda always suggests it's because he is black, LH just Isn't my favourite driver, the card calling is just juvenile.

I never liked Schumacher, arrogant arses have never been high on my list of human beings.

Guess what, I don't like joey Barton either.

His agenda appears to be to build a Guinness discipleship and gather troops against me or anything I post. This can be regularly seen, very sad imo.

Back on topic.

I wonder if Holly Green the tv weather girl, is a stage name?

Was Reg Dwight right to change his name or would he have hit the big time???

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Unfortunately some can not see past success and they can not delve into the person behind it and their character, like some Chelsea fans.....i am not suggesting lewis is anywhere near Mr Chelski in his nature.
But love is blind as they say.

His anti mouldy agenda always suggests it's because he is black, LH just Isn't my favourite driver, the card calling is just juvenile.

I never liked Schumacher, arrogant arses have never been high on my list of human beings.

Guess what, I don't like joey Barton either.

His agenda appears to be to build a Guinness discipleship and gather troops against me or anything I post. This can be regularly seen, very sad imo.

Back on topic.

I wonder if Holly Green the tv weather girl, is a stage name?

Was Reg Dwight right to change his name or would he have hit the big time???

I always thought this thread was triggered by the discussion on radio 5 about adding or changing names while an adult (which was triggered by, but not about, Lewis Hamilton). I didn't see anything sinister in the thread or in the initial comments. I still don't :shrug: :thumbsup:

The question for me is why did Mark Commode change his name so he sounds like a toilet?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here