Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Surely we must have some decent free kick takers in this squad?

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
I mean, by the law of averages eventually he’ll get one, but surely we have better options?

um bongo molongo

Jul 26, 2004
Battersea
It’s not even just free kicks. Our awful record from corners I think is a lot about delivery as well. I love Pascal but his corners are a bit floaty, and March (pre injury) very inconsistent. Given how well coached we are otherwise I’m surprised we’ve not got more focus on it, it seems like something that should be quite coachable.

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
Whilst we're at it, when was the last time we scored from a corner? At one point today we almost conceded from our own corner

Nick Stanley (our Set Piece Coach) should be able to work it out, he has a bachelor’s degree in Applied Sports Science from Solent University and gained his masters in Sports Performance Analysis in 2014 !

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
It’s not even just free kicks. Our awful record from corners I think is a lot about delivery as well. I love Pascal but his corners are a bit floaty, and March (pre injury) very inconsistent. Given how well coached we are otherwise I’m surprised we’ve not got more focus on it, it seems like something that should be quite coachable.
Not arguing with this point in general terms, but it is a harsh moment to be bringing it up - in the game yesterday, we had a free kick hit the bar, and a header from a corner, cleared off the line.

Not much wrong with our efforts there.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
The Belgian centre-half scored direct from a free-kick tonight (women v England). Need to get her in to show Dunky how it's done.

Badger Bum

Jan 29, 2016
Whilst we're at it, when was the last time we scored from a corner? At one point today we almost conceded from our own corner

Nick Stanley (our Set Piece Coach) should be able to work it out, he has a bachelor’s degree in Applied Sports Science from Solent University and gained his masters in Sports Performance Analysis in 2014 !
Based on the evidence of our complete lack of imagination or intelligence at set pieces he should be sacked.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
It looked to me like Dahood was meant to take the free kick Sunday and Dunk over ruled it.
I then looked at his career stats and wonder why we signed this fella it’s not o exactly enlightening.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here