Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Surely we must have some decent free kick takers in this squad?

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Wel it raised a smile in our house tonight when me and my boys all let out a loud “noooooooo!” at exactly the same time when we saw Dunky lining up that kick!

It’s like with our corners for the last few years - Gross and March putting exactly the same ball in time and again with no end result and no one else getting a chance to take them causing great frustration here! At least lately they seem to be mixing the corners up, time to do the same with direct free kicks now - sorry Lewis!

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
I think it's chaos theory. Dunk just hits the ball hard at the wall, then it's 50/50 which team gets the rebound and which player. One day it will be our player and he'll score.

Cotton Socks

Skint Supporter
Feb 20, 2017
The bloke next to my Jnr received a very dirty look from me after his rant about 'he should never be allowed to take a free kick again' etc. :lolol: Drives me loopy people slagging off our players like that during the match!! NSC is the place to moan, not 'at' the game where you're supposed to be giving full support! I don't play pro (any) football, I don't coach, manage or have anything to do with knowing how to get a team into the Europa League. I'm quite happy leaving it in the hands of people that clearly do! :smile:

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
The bloke next to my Jnr received a very dirty look from me after his rant about 'he should never be allowed to take a free kick again' etc. :lolol: Drives me loopy people slagging off our players like that during the match!! NSC is the place to moan, not 'at' the game where you're supposed to be giving full support! I don't play pro (any) football, I don't coach, manage or have anything to do with knowing how to get a team into the Europa League. I'm quite happy leaving it in the hands of people that clearly do! :smile:
Well I played semi pro and have coached for years and I don’t want Dunky taking a free kick again! 😂

tstanbur

Sep 16, 2011
Ronaldo far from perfected it.

Had a very very average rate of conversion but occasionally scored a world class free kick.

If you want to see perfecting the knuckleball watch Juninho. Absolute master of free kicks.
I get your point. I was thinking of the free kick he scored against Portsmouth which was probably the perfect knuckleball

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
The funny thing is, Dunk probably has a similar conversion rate to Ronaldo who people on here keep lauding as a great free kick taker.

Truth is, great FK takers are extremely rare and it takes incredible focus and persistent practice beyond normal training hours. If you research any of the greats (the actual greats) like Juninho and Mihajlovic they spent an unsociable amount of time practicing outside of regular training, to the extent that they lead quite lonely lives. Pretty sure Beckham did this to some extent and he wasn’t bad either.

Can’t see that level of dedication in modern football, far too many distractions.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Dunk looked gutted that it thudded straight into the wall, hands on head and all that. He must be occasionally knocking one in at Lancing.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
Dunk looked gutted that it thudded straight into the wall, hands on head and all that. He must be occasionally knocking one in at Lancing.
I was behind the goal and it was going in. It also didn’t go straight into the wall, the wall jumped and it skimmed off a defender’s head which changed trajectory over for a corner.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
I was behind the goal and it was going in. It also didn’t thud off the wall, the wall jumped and it skimmed off a defender’s head which changed trajectory over for a corner.
Good. I’m glad it was on target.

Badger Bum

Jan 29, 2016
He must bang in 9/10 on the training pitch wearing a Ronaldo shirt and run to the corner and do the suii
I reckon the “wall” get out of the way for fear of injury when he’s banging them in on the training pitch!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here