Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Surely palace can't...

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I bet all St Johns ambulance people are delighted to see them paying a footballer 70k-100k a week - a player who's played 15 mins football in a year I may add. I guess this is what a franchise football club gets you..?

andy1980

Feb 23, 2009
Adebayor could be the fella that takes them up to the next level, but equally could be one of the biggest flops in their history. Lets hope hes the latter.

I bet all St Johns ambulance people are delighted to see them paying a footballer 70k-100k a week - a player who's played 15 mins football in a year I may add. I guess this is what a franchise football club gets you..?

Or we pay top class strikers the going rate & get them for free from lower league clubs then sell them on for 4 milion, what a great franchise:clap2:

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Or we pay top class strikers the going rate & get them for free from lower league clubs then sell them on for 4 milion, what a great franchise:clap2:

I know it hurts mate, but you cheated twice to get where you are, and will constantly be reminded on this message board :thumbsup: You'll always be wondering what it would have felt like without cheating I guess - life isn't fair :(

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Adebayor could be the fella that takes them up to the next level, but equally could be one of the biggest flops in their history. Lets hope hes the latter.

We all know Adebayor is a lazy git and greedy when it comes to wages too. His attitude is gonna go down a stom in the Palace dressing room if he's earning 2 or 3 times as much as everyone else. Happy days.

ThePaddy

Aug 27, 2013
We all know Adebayor is a lazy git and greedy when it comes to wages too. His attitude is gonna go down a stom in the Palace dressing room if he's earning 2 or 3 times as much as everyone else. Happy days.

He isn't though, is he? Most of the reports are saying he's on 70-odd thousand a week, which puts him in a similar region to Cabaye and Dann.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

That, or pay £8m to Peterborough for a striker who- the occasional moment against Liverpool's pathetic defence aside- scores only against third division teams in the League cup, and then have to flog him a couple of years later for half the initial outlay. Either/or, eh? :thumbsup:

Or paying £9 million for Connor Wickham. On the plus side, at least you'll have saved a fortune on the goal bonuses, so...you know...every cloud.

Last edited:

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
I was going to say how much fun it will be when he plays against one of his former clubs, when it's all about him and not his present team. But it's already been fun watching Palace playing Arsenal, Man City and Spuds.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Adebayor is the sort of player who signifies everything that's wrong with "modern football". His attitude stinks, he has zero class and he's obviously just in it for the cash. A perfect fit for CPFC (2010) Ltd.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
That, or pay £8m to Peterborough for a striker who- the occasional moment against Liverpool's pathetic defence aside- scores only against third division teams in the League cup, and then have to flog him a couple of years later for half the initial outlay. Either/or, eh? :thumbsup:

Harsh on Charlton. Although they probably will be in the third division next season. And two of the goals were penalties.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
He isn't though, is he? Most of the reports are saying he's on 70-odd thousand a week, which puts him in a similar region to Cabaye and Dann.

He was on £225k a week at Spurs and we know he's a greedy bugger. If he's not the highest paid footballer at Crystal Palace (and by some margin) then he wouldn't have signed for you. His ego wouldn't have allowed it.

ThePaddy

Aug 27, 2013
He was on £225k a week at Spurs and we know he's a greedy bugger. If he's not the highest paid footballer at Crystal Palace (and by some margin) then he wouldn't have signed for you. His ego wouldn't have allowed it.

So, to sum up, you haven't actually got a clue and you're just making it up as you go along.

No worries.

andy1980

Feb 23, 2009
Yep, I think its going to go not so well. Like Connor Wickham so far.

Carshaltonloyal

Jan 18, 2011
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/fo...ated-by-Tottenham-still-paying-his-wages.html
Wrong , he was being paid £100 k a week at Spurs and could of sat there getting it till his contract run out . Spurs are still contributing 30k a week till the 6 month deal ends . Deal will cost us less than 1.9 mill , then we either extend his deal and pay his full wages , or wave goodbye . Think we'll make 1 more signing , would of preferred remy but adebayor will see us through till may..... He must have a top agent

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/fo...ated-by-Tottenham-still-paying-his-wages.html
Wrong , he was being paid £100 k a week at Spurs and could of sat there getting it till his contract run out . Spurs are still contributing 30k a week till the 6 month deal ends . Deal will cost us less than 1.9 mill , then we either extend his deal and pay his full wages , or wave goodbye . Think we'll make 1 more signing , would of preferred remy but adebayor will see us through till may

I don't think it's a bad signing - in fact will probably be good until the end of season. I just think it's harsh on all the businesses & St Johns Ambulance to see you paying a person 70k a week when you gave them 1p to the £ not so long back. Genuine opinion, and why I think football is shit at times.

APalace Fan

Jan 6, 2015

Or paying £9 million for Connor Wickham. On the plus side, at least you'll have saved a fortune on the goal bonuses, so...you know...every cloud.

Just like Palace getting Glenn Murray for nothing after your lot paid for him. The main difference will be that I doubt Dwight Gayle will come back and bite us on the aris' FFS.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here