#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
Parish: "Off you go Sam, do us proud!"

animated-stick-figure-image-0056.gif

Swillis

Banned
Dec 10, 2015
Everything else? So you're enjoying your new stadium, that I remember Palace fans posting about here 5 years ago? And you're enjoying your team's togetherness, their never say die attitude, the fact that they're fighting for your club? I guess you must be loving the light shows too. You must pinch yourself to check it's not just a dream.

As I said the football and what's connected to that is a bit shit. I'm not to bothered about the stadium to be honest, I don't live there. I spend about two hours there roughly every fortnight and I'm not looking around at the décor. As for the 2016 stats, yes they will stand forever. As will the play off victory on the way to the premier league!

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
As I said the football and what's connected to that is a bit shit.
Fair enough, I didn't think you meant all that's connected to the football.
As for the 2016 stats, yes they will stand forever. As will the play off victory on the way to the premier league!
Yep, agreed, that's been a bragging right for a few years, only improved fortunes for us can start to erode that.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
As I said the football and what's connected to that is a bit shit. I'm not to bothered about the stadium to be honest, I don't live there. I spend about two hours there roughly every fortnight and I'm not looking around at the décor. As for the 2016 stats, yes they will stand forever. As will the play off victory on the way to the premier league!

And Huddersfield won the First Division 3 times in the 1930s, its all ancient history now

Sweeney Todd

Apr 24, 2008
Oxford/Lancing
Those that laugh last twatty, those that laugh last.

Taking away the fact that Pardew destroyed us we have good players. I still think we will survive, just hope you crash and burn again. Now that would cheer me up no end, even though that is looking unlikely now.

Your mask has slipped with a vengeance. All the time Palace were up and Albion were down, you were pleasant and conciliatory on this board, one of the few Palace fans on here worth engaging, but, as soon as the wheel threatens to turn, you become abusive and start wishing ill on the club.

Petee

Nov 22, 2010
Brighton
On BBC Sportsday live text

Michael Rice: Awful weekend for my team Crystal Palace. The heart and soul of the club has been ripped out, the worst errors were selling Gayle, Murray and Jedinak without bringing in adequate replacements who had a stomach for the fight. Not just Pardew's fault, the owners need to take some responsibility too.

:lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol:

Swillis

Banned
Dec 10, 2015
Your mask has slipped with a vengeance. All the time Palace were up and Albion were down, you were pleasant and conciliatory on this board, one of the few Palace fans on here worth engaging, but, as soon as the wheel threatens to turn, you become abusive and start wishing ill on the club.

I am very pleasant not just on here but in life. It doesn't mean that I want Brighton to do well, what would be the point of a rivalry otherwise? So basically you lot take the piss, fair enough. But you don't expect a response?
You lot love it when we have disappointment, funnily enough that works both ways.

Sweeney Todd

Apr 24, 2008
Oxford/Lancing
I am very pleasant not just on here but in life. It doesn't mean that I want Brighton to do well, what would be the point of a rivalry otherwise? So basically you lot take the piss, fair enough. But you don't expect a response?
You lot love it when we have disappointment, funnily enough that works both ways.

If any club deserves to “crash and burn”, it is yours, not ours.

matbha

Apr 13, 2014

No your not your a cock so jog on

FatSuperman

Feb 25, 2016
I've stumbled across an old NUFC site campaigning for Pardew to be sacked, showing his records in all their glory. What I currently like best, is that the NUFC manager %loss records look like this (just the top 3):

Pardew lost 41.4% of games
'BFS' Allardyce lost 42.9%
Gullit lost 43.9%

The question now is 'Will Ruud Gullit be coming out of retirement?'

http://sackpardew.com/facts/pardew-the-facts/

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Report me, you seem the type. Tell me more about all your Palace 'mates'.

:lol: Have a google of 'satire' and you may learn something :thumbsup:

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

Spot on - always had the hallmarks to turn into a typical Nigel poster though...

You do realise this is a board for BHA fans predominantly and not a CPFC2010 one? There lies your answer.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Palace have been so fooking lucky these last few years that i can see them staying up. That's because there's a lot of shit in that league

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Palace have been so fooking lucky these last few years that i can see them staying up. That's because there's a lot of shit in that league

Yep. 6 weeks from now they should be clear of relegation and safe. Anything else would be unlikely,

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Yep. 6 weeks from now they should be clear of relegation and safe. Anything else would be unlikely,

i'm not so sure. I don't buy into this mantra that they have a significantly better side than their position belies. If it was down to management of the team then you would still expect a few fluky wins here and there and almost certainly a new manager bounce but we've seen absolutely no evidence of this. This Palace side are very dysfunctional and still letting in late goals despite all the talk about trying to stop this. Sunderland are down and probably Hull but Swansea have the bit between their teeth now and playing for each other. Can anyone here really see the current Palace team playing that way against a top 6 side? There is only one side demonstrably worse than Palace, a couple of sides that are probably as bad and 16 sides that are varying degrees of better.

Palace's relegation battle will, IMHO, go all the way to the end of the season without abate.

Last edited:

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Appear to be trying to buy there way out of trouble. Never sure that's a smart approach and could well backfire on them

Agreed. They will probably pay premium wages to get the right player in the first place and I shudder to think of the clauses the player will insist upon in the event of relegation in order to protect his income. The likes of Watford, Reading and Hull with a business plan that takes into account them being a yo-yo club will usually be okay but where clubs have abandoned their academy in favour of buying expensive players and the plan relies on permanent PL membership then they are likely to crash and burn if relegated.

Bob'n'weave

Nov 18, 2016
Nr Lewes
i'm not so sure. I don't buy into this mantra that they have a significantly better side than their position belies. If it was down to management of the team then you would still expect a few fluky wins here and there and almost certainly a new manager bounce but we've seen absolutely no evidence of this. This Palace side are very dysfunctional and still letting in late goals despite all the talk about trying to stop this. Sunderland are down and probably Hull but Swansea have the bit between their teeth now and playing for each other. Can anyone here really see the current Palace team playing that way against a top 6 side? There is only one side demonstrably worse than Palace, a couple of sides that are probably as bad and 16 sides that are varying degrees of better.

Palace's relegation battle will, IMHO, go all the way to the end of the season without abate.

Agree. There is no solidarity within the team, and less between the fans/players/BFS. Toxicity is eroding the whole set up and I cant see any magic wand solution. Shoring up the Palarse ship is going to take time that they just don't have. Will be lucky to survive IMHO. :shrug:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here