Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Surely a decision should of been reached by now on Gus!

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Why would we have to pay £2.5m if he was in breach of contract?

Please re-read item 2 of Triggaaar's post. You'll find the words "if we rush it".
In other words, Mr Bloom needs to make sure that there's no uncertainty which could be exploited. i.e. he's getting it right to protect the club. I suggest that we let him take as long as he feels is necessary.
The idea of rushing into sending the management team down the road will only work once any breach of contract has been fully demonstrated and proven.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Ok I have a basic knowledge of disciplinary procedures,...

if that where true, you'd know these matters can potentially drag on for months or years. transfer window doesnt open for another week anyway.

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I didn't say he was in breach of his contract did I?

I asked why we'd have to pay £5m should it happen he was in breach of his contract.

Because you have to prove the breach, not just claim it.
Opinions can be very different between the parties and it needs properly sorting out.

I was in dispute with a previous employer once. He was in the wrong, but it took quite a while to convince him of the fact that he couldn't just make employment law up. I wasn't helped by others in the company never questioning his clear flouting of the law.

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
[h=2]"Surely a decision should of been reached by now on Gus! "[/h]Correct, Gus was out caught at silly mid on, however the umpire has sent the decision to the third umpire who is reviewing the evidence. As soon as the third umpire has made the decision, Andy Naylor will let you know.

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
trust the club, but the longer it drags on the more i fear we will end up with a "somebody" as a manager as the other "top potential targets" have taken up positions already. I trust Bloom has it in control though, but would like to see it resolved one way or another very soon.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I didn't say he was in breach of his contract did I?

I asked why we'd have to pay £5m should it happen he was in breach of his contract.
The OP is saying we should have got rid already. I'm saying that there's a £5m problem with doing it quickly (not getting the £2.5m another club could pay us to take him + buying Gus out of his contract for £2.5m ).

You ask why we'd have to pay him the money should it happen that he's in breach of contract - we probably wouldn't have to, but if we got rid of him quickly, it's unlikely we'd prove that he was in breach of contract, because the club wouldn't have followed the proper disciplinary process. If you wanted to get rid of a manager, I find it hard to believe you could avoid paying £2.5m simply because they said they weren't sure they'd be here next year, or because they sent an email to staff. If Gus didn't want to deal with players' contracts, and if that was enough, BHA would at least want to prove that.

Of course it would be good if this was all sorted already, don't you think TB is painfully aware of that? They will be sorting it out as best they can, in the best interest of the club.

It seems to be pretty well summed up by these two posts:
I wholeheartedly agree. The club should completely ignore all due process and diligence, to satisfy the drunken advances of some people on the internet.
I suspect Bloom and Barber are rather more in control of the situation than most chairmen/chief execs in the league might be in a similar position.

I'd be pretty confident that they come out of this with the best possible result for the club. I actually admire the discretion they seem to be showing, and the relative lack of leaks from within the club. The rest of us just need to be patient.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here