Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Supporting the Albion this year?

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
I don't think he even apologised for one of the strangest matches I have ever seen at the Amex, against our rivals.

What was strange about the match itself? We might have won it if Barnes had converted one of those two chances. We played quite well but Palace were the better team on the night. We went in to the match undefeated in ten games, it was going to happen some time.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
All of it? Or just some parts of it? Just curious....
To be honest i gave up after a few lines when i saw the words "ungrateful" being banded about yet again. It's tiresome.

fozzie's paper boy

Aug 20, 2011
Hove
To me it appears to be the fans. (quite a few ungrateful, over expectant and down right miserable so and so's whose miserable outlook about the club has spread like a cancer)

There have been numerous complaints about the club, the board, etc since we move into the Amex despite having arguably our best ever manager and some of our highest finishes in our clubs history. They demand success because they think that it's what is needed to keep the fans coming but it's really to meet their own selfish needs, their feeling of needing to be rewarded for their years of fihting for the clubs survival.

The trouble is, the more people read their bile, the more widely held that belief becomes and the more it spreads, casting a cloud over the club and putting off our fans from wanting to attend (the exact opposite outcome that their so called outbursts are (as they claim) designed to do).

It seems that we have a large number of fans who can't enjoy following the Albion any more, they feel they have to run some moral crusade to save the club and jump on every little thing about the club and turn it into a criticism or a negative to show that they were right and there is something wrong at the club (even if most of their basis for these claims turn out to be complete bullsh~t)

It's like the fans getting behind the teasm and singing at games, they blame others near them because they don't join in, or try to balme the stewards or people near them for making them stop when the truth is that they just can't be bothered and they have no one else to blame but themselves but they can't admit this so they blame the club.

They feel they need to scruntinise every minute detail in case the man who has pumped well over £100 million into this club is another Archer with evil intentions. They have forgotten how to get behind and support the team without looking out for (real or imaginary) problems. They seem to think that following a football club as a fan is to always have a hate figure at the club that they have to force out for the benefit of the club (even if the owner says they are doing a good job and the fans basis for their hate is purely speculative.

The team is underperforming, everyone agrees with that but the club are trying to sort things out by signing players like Bent and E Bennett, and yet these are even being used to attack the club and it's business.

It's about time our fans did what we should have been doing all along from the beginning of this season, getting right behind our team and giving the 11 players on the pitch our support (even more important when a team is struggling)

Unlike spence (who doesn't seem prepared to read something before deciding to disagree with it...) I agree with large parts of this - there's a significant, vocal minority of fans who seem to relish taking a very negative approach to all that the club does. I have stayed away from NSC for some time as this noise was starting to seriously annoy me - and have enjoyed my albion supporting much more as a consequence (despite being disappointed by performances and results). Popped back in tonight to see if anything has changed, but clearly not. Ah well, I shall tune out again, renew my season tickets come what may for next season, go along and back the team on the pitch, and enjoy the match day experience with my lads. UTA.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I feel the same. Never thought I'd turn into a 'bad fan' but my interest isn't anywhere near it usually is because there's so many negatives at the mo. Yes, if we were doing well id be more interested. Yes I've become a bad fan - I also know there's more important things in life than football though...

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Unlike spence (who doesn't seem prepared to read something before deciding to disagree with it...) I agree with large parts of this - there's a significant, vocal minority of fans who seem to relish taking a very negative approach to all that the club does. I have stayed away from NSC for some time as this noise was starting to seriously annoy me - and have enjoyed my albion supporting much more as a consequence (despite being disappointed by performances and results). Popped back in tonight to see if anything has changed, but clearly not. Ah well, I shall tune out again, renew my season tickets come what may for next season, go along and back the team on the pitch, and enjoy the match day experience with my lads. UTA.

Makes me laugh when people like you say they stay away from NSC before because of the negativity. Maybe forums aren't suited for you if you don't like Constructive criticism?
I'm not going to bother reading garbage if it is patronizing. I really don't need to be told that i'm ungrateful when i've pumped thousands of pounds into following Brighton for 30 odd years.
If you want to be childish and thumbs down me then two can play that game.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
I feel the same. Never thought I'd turn into a 'bad fan' but my interest isn't anywhere near it usually is because there's so many negatives at the mo. Yes, if we were doing well id be more interested. Yes I've become a bad fan - I also know there's more important things in life than football though...
You are not a bad fan. Ignore the muppets who say so. You are a hurting fan.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
For me the mojo is low. All started when Oscar left and hasn't picked up since then.
Don't think the player recruitment has been as bad as some are saying, but, for me, hyypia has been a disaster and knocked any excitement/fun of going to games out of me.

Do not try to lecture me on what I should or should not do as a supporter as I have been supporting them since 1946 through good times and bad times up to 1st Division and down to the 4th, and nearly to non league. You have been on here since 2007 which is just before we left Withdean so I assume you have been supporting them for a similar time, perhaps a little longer so it is still new to you. When we went to The Amex I foresaw the start of a new era of a profesionally run club rather an old boys club as it had been in the previous 10-12 seasons. Things were going along fine when Gus was in charge the football was enjoyable the results acceptable even taking into account defeats, which happen. OK we f....d up in the play offs and should have been promoted. Oscar took over we carried on going forward, the football wasnt so exciting but I can live with that as I appreciate constructive football and if that means 1-0 wins so be, it the result to me is the priority, that in itself brings the enjoyment of the game. Unfortunately this season the good players have been sold under the pre text of meeting FFP when in fact it was just a cost cutting exercise. perhaps TB has had to' cut his cloth to make the suit' due to heavy expenditure, that is understandable but dont try to flannel the supporters with all this FFP rubbish: which most of the clubs are ignoring and all have agreed to raise for next season, so it obviously doesnt work. We have sold good players and replaced them with far inferior ones. The performances on the pitch are poor and getting worse. The management appear to have no idea of what to do to put it right when it is most obvious to everybody. And you have the cheek to tell me and others in the same position to support the team!

Hence I am wondering if I want to spend the money on my 3 season tickets next season.

I SUPPOSE IT WAS BETTER AT WITHDEAN WAS IT:rolleyes: ANOTHER LIGHTWEIGHT FAN:moo:

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
It's been absolutely soul destroying going this season for me. From a bad summer of ins and outs to appointing a terrible manager which took forever.
Terrible pre season preparations topped off with an opening day defeat at home. It's got worse as the months have gone on and quite frankly embarrassing.
It's a chore going to the Amex now for me. Even if Hyypia goes i'm still unhappy with the recruitment process.This is a massive bugbear to me along with Hyypia. Everything else i can live with including Barbers spin.
This is our fourth season at the Amex and i've held a season ticket for every one of those seasons. Next season i'm cancelling it and picking and choosing my games. This isn't a knee jerk reaction because i made my mind up several weeks ago. I'm not one of those idiots who say they won't go again because Albion are in my blood but my commitment for season ticket is over for the time being.

You are not alone. I feel exactly the same as you, word for word. TBH I've not consistently enjoyed going since Poyet left. OG was tediously dull and SH is simply inept.

I'll be picking and choosing from next season. As a customer I feel like the choice will benefit me. Unfortunately for the club I think they're going to find out the hard way that customers are no replacement for loyal supporters.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
For me it is just pure frustration that we came into the Amex on a wave of positivity and momentum which felt like we were building towards something special. We were so close to promotion and the unthinkable position of playing in the top flight. We had established ourselves as a consistent and strong championship side with a mean defence and passing identity that was gaining plaudits.

It just needed some minor adjustments but instead we seem to have blown the whole thing to pieces. We have lost our passing style, the heart of a successful squad and have a manager who is so dull even the football shows cannot be bothered to screen his interviews.

So for me it is frustration that we have destroyed the excellent progress we had made and now seem years away from getting anywhere near what we had.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
For me it is just pure frustration that we came into the Amex on a wave of positivity and momentum which felt like we were building towards something special. We were so close to promotion and the unthinkable position of playing in the top flight. We had established ourselves as a consistent and strong championship side with a mean defence and passing identity that was gaining plaudits.

It just needed some minor adjustments but instead we seem to have blown the whole thing to pieces. We have lost our passing style, the heart of a successful squad and have a manager who is so dull even the football shows cannot be bothered to screen his interviews.

So for me it is frustration that we have destroyed the excellent progress we had made and now seem years away from getting anywhere near what we had.
It is hard to accept but this is one of the better summaries of what has happened.

The only thing that helps a bit I suppose is to remember that most football clubs do go through good and bad times in some sort of cycle. We've had 4 good years and now we have a bad one. No reason why next year won't be much better (even if we went down this year, which I don't think we will) so people ranting about their STs seem a bit over the top.

I think it is also a mistake to assume that had we got promoted via the play-offs we would now be flourishing in the Premier League. There are obvious exceptions but the rule is that most "smaller" promoted clubs struggle and come back down again...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here