Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Support for our away fans tonight

Had we been 4-0 up at home in a play off semi final, on a Sunday afternoon, there would not have been a spare seat and the place would have been rocking.

However, what Derby do well (and also Leicester) is they have positioned their more vocal supporters next to the away fans, and it works a treat. Not only by creating a noisy atmosphere, but by also ensuring home fans are behind both goals.

This could easily be adopted at the Amex by making the NE corner the default away area, along with Blocks E1A, E1B and E1C as required. For 15% cup games there would be the option to use the East Upper above E1A etc.

The family stand could then be moved to the southern end of the East. There is an argument that the proximity of the north to the family stand is not always appropriate anyhow.

What ya reckon?

AnotherArch

Northern Exile
Apr 2, 2009
Stockport & M62
We were sat incognito in the Derby seats in the diametrically opposite corner to where our fans were and they sounded loud! For the number there, they sounded closer than they actually were.

Great support today despite the performance - singing till the end - take a bow!

Feel so sorry for those that travelled - deserve ticket money and travel costs back for that toothless display!

Or offer free coach travel for a game next season for all those who went to Derby??

I cant say am sad you lost but because you are passionate footie fans who love your club.
I can only imagine how it must feel as a fan losing in two play off semi finals in successive years, that's not having a go at all ???

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Or offer free coach travel for a game next season for all those who went to Derby??

I cant say am sad you lost but because you are passionate footie fans who love your club.
I can only imagine how it must feel as a fan losing in two play off semi finals in successive years, that's not having a go at all ???

Feels better than last year let me tell you, but then again I didn't have to sit in Bennetts Field for an hour and half listening to Poyet stating he had reached a ceiling.

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill

We'll get over it :wink: Thanks for your concern.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Derby fans were superb yesterday, but, as has been said, so they should have been, given the occasion. I've been there before when they've been no different to any other set of quiet home fans. Moving their fans directly behind the goal at the away end and shoving us into the corner is a smart move too.

Great that most of our lot stayed until the end, and the one small highlight of an otherwise dismal day was when Ulloa and Calde battled their way over to us to acknowledge our support. Given the rumours NSC is so fond of, I'm surprised no one has put 2 and 2 together and came up with 5 by suggesting this is clear evidence that both are now off definitely off to pastures new. I remember the bullshit that flew around on here when Murray came off the pitch without applauding our support at Brentford a few seasons ago .

foul old ron

I'll decide, thank you.
Feb 26, 2009
Round the back, by the bins.
Sometimes you just have to smile and kick on

Who was at the navigation?

Boiling,huge queues,tipping it down outside and 4 power cuts before most left! Not sure they were expecting those numbers
Proper busy in there wasn't it. No chance of getting drunk. Only 4 staff and 1 of them only had 1 arm!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here